PDA

View Full Version : My first large silver

bob_e99
04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
My son came down for the Easter holiday and we went out together on Saturday morning. He found the only silver, a mercury dime.

On Sunday morning we parted ways and went to separate sites which worked out well for me as I'm sure if he was with me, this post would be his. This site was small but very kind to me. Three dimes, including a silver Rosie, seven wheats and a walking liberty half. It's going to be one year in May that I have been detecting and it took me this long to find a large silver so needless to say, I was above and beyond ecstatic.

Also found an emblem from a 1937 or 1938 dodge truck. Unfortunately it's in poor shape and most of the enamel is gone but nevertheless, an interesting find.

Thanks for looking.

CTDirtFisher
04-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Bob,

You will never forget this experience or day :-)

Congratulations...
Paul

DennisH
04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Congrats on the large and other silver!! WTG!!! thumbsup01

z118
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Those are some fine, fine digs. It's funny because you were actually with me when I dug my first Walking Liberty half... I wish I had been able to tag along to this sweet spot of yours, but I had to get back to the family. We'll have to plan so good digging trips this summer. It was a pleasure as always... I'm glad I got that Merc though or I'd be included to think you were holding out on me! lol

randy
04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Congrats on the walker and the other silver. |:cheering: They are a fun find indeed.

Fire Fighter 43
04-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Congrats on you first big silver, she is beutiful, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Very nice WLH. Glad you finally were able to get one. Now about the rosie....is that your digger mark on it.....be truthful....we have ways of finding these things out. Congrats on all your keepers.

POKIE73
04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
congrats on all your finds the walker is always a special find i also like the car emblem its a great find dennis

Rob L
04-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Congrats on the WLH. It must have made your heart skip a beat, it would mine, actualy mabe three or four beats.

Tony Two-Cent
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Congrats on the Walker! :wow:

That's an awesome find! <: :happydance01: happydance02 :peace: :clapping:

jkress
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Score!!! <:

Now that's a nice first. :smitten: I love the WLH dollars.
I'll bet it was very exciting seeing that big silver disc.
Great pictures too.

Congratulations bob_e99.

CODY
04-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the WLH! Nice Rosie and wheats. Love the Dodge Emb. HH

bob_e99
04-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. :clapping:

Bob,

You will never forget this experience or day :-)

Congratulations...
Paul

I understand what you mean. It was such a :wow: moment.

Those are some fine, fine digs. It's funny because you were actually with me when I dug my first Walking Liberty half... I wish I had been able to tag along to this sweet spot of yours, but I had to get back to the family. We'll have to plan so good digging trips this summer. It was a pleasure as always... I'm glad I got that Merc though or I'd be included to think you were holding out on me! lol

Yes, I was very excited when you found yours but little did I know at the time how hooked I would become on metal detecting. This was soooo close to being yours and I know if you had been with me this would have been your post. :cheesysmile:

Very nice WLH. Glad you finally were able to get one. Now about the rosie....is that your digger mark on it.....be truthful....we have ways of finding these things out. Congrats on all your keepers.

:embarrassed: I was asking myself that same question :embarrassed: I want to think that I'm seeing dirt in the grove which could be a sign of it being an old scar and for the life of me, I can't remember where in the dirt it was located since I had just found the WLH and my mind was still high from the rush.

Congrats on the WLH. It must have made your heart skip a beat, it would mine, actualy mabe three or four beats.

For the longest time I was wondering what it would feel like and now I know. It's way better than when you're a kid and you learn that the cutest girl in the class likes you. :grin:

<: <: <:
:happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Congrats on the WLH! Nice Rosie and wheats. Love the Dodge Emb. HH

Yes, the dodge emblem was kind of a nice way to finish off that hunt. I always enjoy finding a little bit of history and only wish some of it could be in better condition but I imagine that's probably one of the reasons it got thrown out.

Thanks again everyone. Your comments add a lot to the thrill of finding something decent.

Hook
04-10-2012, 10:47 AM
finding your first silver half is better than your first kiss as a teenager! lol

thats a coin you will always remember and look back on fondly. the other goodies were just icing on the cake ! congrats!! :perfect10:

Snapolson
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Congrats on the BIG silver!!

coop
04-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Congrats on the first!!!!!!

Mudder
04-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Very Nice. :peace: :peace: