PDA

View Full Version : A 1723 Hibernia Half Penny (without a hole)

sniffy
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Got a couple hours free today to go out and detect. So I headed out to a spot that I just recently discovered. I only had 2 hours to hunt so I basically had to jog to the spot, it usually takes a solid 20 minutes to walk. So i get there out of breath and start swinging. IN the hour and a half I was there I only dug buttons and one very early colonial copper...I'm thinking this is gonna be a killer spot. I thought the copper was gonna be unidentifiable but when I started cleanin it I immediately noticed KG1's long pointy snout. And on the back I can see the date 1723. I had just recently dug one of these so it was easy to ID. Thanks for lookin.

hoser
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Very nice, very nice INDEED! :yes:

del
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
thats an old copper Jesse love to hear that tone under my coil :smitten:. Dave is out as we speak trying to keep up in the copper department , and your not making it any easier for him . lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-10-2010, 06:22 PM
THAT'S COOL! now ya got a matching pair! sweet!!!!!! thumbsup01

angellionel
03-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Very nice! That's a real oldie. Cool buttons too.

sniffy
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
thats an old copper Jesse love to hear that tone under my coil :smitten:. Dave is out as we speak trying to keep up in the copper department , and your not making it any easier for him . lol lol
POor dave is quivering like a homeless without a brown bag...he'll get his fix soon enough.

coinnut
03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Great hunt and congrats on the old copper. New sites are always fun until they peeter out lol At least you got a good jog in too ;)

sniffy
03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Great hunt and congrats on the old copper. New sites are always fun until they peeter out lol At least you got a good jog in too ;)
Yeah, it's kinda like that feeling when all of the sudden the bumper cars shut off at the carnival when your about to Tbone the crap outta someone.