PDA

View Full Version : New from NW-NJ

zippa713
04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Hey there, Hi there, Hello there!

Lets see, Ive been treasure hunting (sounds better than metal detecting when I tell my wife what I just bought) for about 2 hours now. Just got my new Garrett 250ace and a few other toys from my awesome fedex/ups guys @ 3pm! Ive never been around anything like this in my life. I collect monies, paper or coin, and love history which is why Ive decided to finally take the leap forward and drop a little money. All my finds to date are from cash registers at stores! lol loads of silvers, Indian heads, mis-stamps... its amazing how much people dont know! annnnyway... I'd like to find someone to show me the ropes in the area, I find the meeting section to be VERY unorganized. Can someone add sub folders by state at least? <-- me thinking out loud

del
04-10-2012, 05:04 PM
hello zippa713 ,
welcome to the forum . your in a prime area for finding the early liberty cap and draped bust pennies , plus state and federal era colonial coins as well. wish i lived closer , glad you found us on the net.

Dan

zippa713
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
thanks!

randy
04-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA.

aloldstuff
04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Welcome from western MA. As Del stated earlier you are in a prime area to dig up history. Looking forward to your future finds and posts.

CODY
04-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Welcome from Mississippi, home of bitterweeds and scrub cows! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your post and finds. There are several people who use Garrett on the forum. I am sure they will be in touch as soon as they read your post.

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wisconsin. Try to look for a club in your area. It is agreat way to meet other detectorist. Good Luck and have fun.

Tony Two-Cent
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome from Illinois! How I would love to hunt in your part of the country! So many old goodies in the ground just waiting to be discovered! :loveit:

Good luck and be sure to let us know how your hunts go! thumbsup01

Mudder
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Welcome from Southern Mississippi, home of rain and lots of mud. >:\

OxShoeDrew
05-03-2012, 04:12 AM
You'll learn quickly (if you hang around here) |:cheering:. This place is a treasure trove of treasure info. Good luck on your hunts!

MassDirtFisher
05-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the forum , from Western Massachusetts , Happy Hunting!!

Lowjiber
05-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada. Sounds like you're off to a good start. |:cheering:

Regarding a state folder, the forum has a good search engine. Try typing something like New Jersey (sans quote marks) and you should be able to get around pretty well.