PDA

View Full Version : SOLO CELLAR HOLE HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
spent 9am to 4pm at this site me and Forino went to sunday.i thought for sure i could squeek a copper outta this place.
on the walk up the trail i was blessed with 2 silver rosies 1951 & 1962.a cabellas watch.see if i can get it working.in front of the cellar hole on the trail got a 1883 IH and a wheatie.

I worked this site slowly and dug every signal.i think i cleaned out every shot gun shell in a 2 acre radius :ticked:
somebody pounded this place before for sure.
so near the lip of cellar hole theres a good sized tree laying down.
i put down my machine and pick the one end up and toss it into the hole.mikey tried movin it last time but i don't think he ate his wheaties that day rofl .scanned around that area and got 2 nice buttons.ones a tombac(thought it was a copper seeing that green disc in the dirt) :drool: and the other is a cloaker or dandy.same design as mikey found last hunt and same design as one i found at a colonial home in same town.
now i have a matching pair thumbsup01
**WOODS HUNTERS BEWARE***TICKS ARE OUT ALREADY! HAD 2 ON ME TODAY :angry:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-10-2010, 06:08 PM
last pics

sniffy
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Those are some sweet lookin buttons! Good job Dave!

angellionel
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Those are some cool looking buttons, Dave. You sure dug up a lot of shotgun shells, but not a bad day out at all!

coinnut
03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Nice cloakers. Real sweet looking pair. But I'm almost ready to send you a copper through the mail lol Notice I said ALMOST rofl Sometimes the harder you try, the longer it seems to take. We had a 6 week drought last Summer. it was brutal :bangahead01: Hang in there ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Nice cloakers. Real sweet looking pair. But I'm almost ready to send you a copper through the mail lol Notice I said ALMOST rofl Sometimes the harder you try, the longer it seems to take. We had a 6 week drought last Summer. it was brutal :bangahead01: Hang in there ;)

yeah i already passed the 6 week drought :ticked: singin how dry i am :twirlingeyes:

coinnut
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
It seemed so easy last year didn't it? :yes: Amazing how hard it really can be :bangahead01:

del
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM
hey Dave , its amazing that you can go to a site that has been hit hard and your first time there you can pull so many good targets and almost nothing the next :yes:. i've seen it happen and is what makes this a strange hobby sometimes :crazy: , you did pretty well and the dandy button is a good one with the hand stamped design . thumbsup01