PDA

View Full Version : April 10th Hunt with del

Sal66
04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
:)

Hi everyone. This is my 1st post since last year. I had the opportunity to go detecting with del last Saturday at what I call The Button Site . We have found coins, but buttons probably in the hundreds . I got 3 buttons and a worn 1865 2 Cent piece. It was a tough 4 hrs. considering I have Chronic Lymes, but I made sure to take several breaks. So, here are the finds :

Sal66
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Sorry about the pic size. It's been awhile since I posted pics , but actually I think the size shows the detail that might of been lost if the pics were smaller. Here's a comparison of that strange Eagle Button.

CTDirtFisher
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Sal66, sweet finds... Nice post...

Paul

aloldstuff
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Sal, nice finds and I glad that you are taking care of yourself out there.

del
04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
i'm glad you feeling well enough for some detecting Sal . i could tell you mentally didn't want to leave but you looked fatigued , how bad did you hurt afterwards ?? it was very nice to see you find the 2 center and get some buttons , made it worth while . congrats on the coin and the eagle backed button is an early 1800's type . it was a good day Sal. |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

CODY
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Nice finds, Congrats! |:cheering:

Mudder
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Sweet hunting and great finds. Funny how a nice looking button will pull your attention away from some of the best coins. <:

Sal66
04-12-2012, 11:14 PM
del I was sore for a day or so. More like someone who never works- out and how they feel thee morning after . I think 4 hours was just right. You have to remember the walk out there ( 10 min. ) and back plus walking around uneven ground. I tell ya though, the long handle shovel and my homemade swingy-thingy really helped . It shows that Will power and determination and a strong mind is a powerful combination. Not to mention the pain meds.
I think with all the construction around, it would be a good idea for me who has alot of time on my hands, to search around and get some old digs where new streets and businesses are being built. You know some of the places I mean . Maybe do that door to do thing. I figure if I get permission from 1 owner out of ten then I would be happy/

jkress
04-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Great hunt Sal. :clapping: You grabbed some very nice ones from the hunt.
Love those buttons and especially the two cent piece. :smitten:
Congrats on the keepers and especially for getting out there with Lymes. |:confused:) My brother in law
has a mild case and I see how it takes a toll on him.

Best of luck on your next hunt.

Ill Digger
04-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone. This is my 1st post since last year.
It's been too long Sal! But I'm glad to se you were able to get out for a little while.
And it looks like you made good use of your time in the field! :drool: thumbsup01
Nice button! And a 2 center is always a cool find. :cool:
Congrats! :grin:
And you got a chance to hang out with Dan! Thats gotta be a treat in of it's self! |:confused:)

Fire Fighter 43
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Good to see you got out swinging. Congrats on some nice finds WTG |:cheering: