PDA

View Full Version : got me thinking

lee
04-13-2012, 05:50 AM
yesterday i hit a woods near where i live , after finding an old civil war bullet i hit a nasty signal , the sort i disregard normaly but on this one somthing told me to dig ?.
the signal i got on the coin master was the trash sound mixed in with the cent signal , when ive dug these in the past there always tin cans so i stoped digging them months ago.
after digging down 2 inches i recovered $5.70 in neatly stacked modern day dimes ?........now im wondering if a cashe of old coins would regester the same..............oh god....how many hoards of old coins have i by past thinking thay were cans....uhhgggg !!!!

POKIE73
04-13-2012, 05:55 AM
that all part of this hobby you just never know what you may pass up makes us all wonder congrats on your finds dennis

randy
04-13-2012, 06:29 AM
I've never found a cache, but spills of 2 or 3 coins can sound weird for me. I generally don't dig ugly sounding targets, and if that is what a mega cache sounds like, I'll be in trouble.

Fire Fighter 43
04-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Interseting find, WTG

aloldstuff
04-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Nice dig but I am sure all the awful sounding ones that you did not dig are going to haunt you. Looks like you'll be digging all those signals from now on.

carl2112
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Well I'm quiet the newbie. But up till recently I've been digging everything. But now I'm only digging good stable tones in the mid to upper ranger. But this has got me thinking I should go back to digging everything ?? Idk what to do this is one confusing hobby. But I'm still having fun

JTGOLD
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
digging everything is a sure way to know you aren't missing anything,