PDA

View Full Version : Our first Indian and oldest!

badmojoman
04-14-2012, 11:06 AM
A couple of weeks ago I found my first silver; a barber dime. The past few days I have been detecting in my back yard. I discovered it is full of junk. My detector is a Delta 4000. I wasn't having much luck so I decided to try my sons Compadre. I started finding some wheat pennies. The other day my son and I were swinging the Compadre in the back yard. I got a good signal and dug what I thought was a penny. I handed it to my son and he cleaned it off with a little spit and he started jumping up and down. :happydance01: I thought all this for a wheat? It was an 1891 Indian Head!! Our first. My son went inside for supper I got another good signal a few feet away from where the IH was found. I dug it and saw silver! Whoohoo! But it looked different. I brought it inside and handed it to my son. An 1886 Seated Dime!!!!
Craig in Iowa

Tony Two-Cent
04-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, those are two great finds, Craig! :loveit:

That Indian Head is in great shape, and it's always a tremendous thrill to find a Seated Liberty coin! :yes:

Need any help hunting that back yard? lol

Congrats on the super finds! :clapping:

milco
04-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Two very nice finds and from your own yard, that's great! I would be hunting yours and any of your neighbors yard you could get on to, WTG!

aloldstuff
04-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Some very nice digs. Thats one heck of a backyard ya got. Huge congrats on getting yourself and indian and a seated coin. Hope many more to come

badmojoman
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I still cant believe I found them in my own back yard. My home was built in the 1920's but was told there used to be an old brick barn that once stood in the back yard.

MassDirtFisher
04-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Excellent finds, Very nice looking Indian and that Seated dime isn't to shabby. Congrats and Happy Hunting!!

CODY
04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
:wow: Congrats on some very Sweet finds! I would be going over that back yard with a fine tooth comb! Good luck on more great finds. Will be looking forward to your future post! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Both coins are sweet finds! :yes: thumbsup01
That might of been a little coins spill from the 1890's. :cool:
Congrats! :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
04-14-2012, 04:05 PM
:wow: Two great finds and from your own yard, detecting with your son, that is awesome. A big congrats on a couple of first, WTG |:cheering:

tanacat
04-14-2012, 06:13 PM
:wow: That is a mighty fine looking IH :cheering:

and a double :wow: :wow: on the seated dime!!! :clapping:

How old is your son? Mine is 4 yrs and already interested in MDing :yes:

del
04-14-2012, 08:28 PM
:peace: :cheering: :clapping: :cheering:[size=36pt]congrats on your first indian :peace: :cheering: :clapping: :cheering:

sweet looking coin :loveit: , very nice first ...

and of course the seated is great too ;)

badmojoman
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
:wow: That is a mighty fine looking IH :cheering:

and a double :wow: :wow: on the seated dime!!! :clapping:

How old is your son? Mine is 4 yrs and already interested in MDing :yes:

He just turned 14 on Sat.

badmojoman
04-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you all for the replies!