PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE SPANISH SILVER * NY CW CUFF BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
got back up to 2 sites that i've been to before.things were going slow at the 1st one and ventured way out in back of the foundation.hit a few targets way back.the Civil War New York excelsior cuff button,a oval brass thing with a fish scale type pattern any clue what this was? a flat button & the tent fobby thingy dated 1915, a drawer pull & what looks to me like a designed trigger guard from an old flint lock rifle.
next hole was pretty quiet managed a broken shoe buckle frame & as i was about to call it a day i passed my coil over a large grapevine on ground .thought maybe my machine fasled cuz i bumped the vine.stopped & backed up hmmmm nice signal 70's vdi at 5 inches.out pops a silver disc..was praying draped bust silver but i'll take a spanish half reale anyday.not sure on the date though? 1807?

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-15-2012, 04:52 PM
more pics

aloldstuff
04-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Looks like an 1807 to me....congrats on the spanish silver. beautiful photos

del
04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
sweet spanish silver Dave and nice buch of relics , it was a nice day to detect . |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
sweet spanish silver Dave and nice buch of relics , it was a nice day to detect . |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

thanks Dan.the gnats are crazy.hey any idea on the fish scaled oval thingy?

del
04-15-2012, 05:25 PM
thanks Dan.the gnats are crazy.hey any idea on the fish scaled oval thingy?

well its about the size of a sash buckle or decorative piece for furniture , can you see any place where it might of been attached to something or any brazed marks where it might have separated from another piece of metal ?? they look more like snake scales than fish to me .

Tony Two-Cent
04-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Incredible finds, Dave! The Half Reale almost looks like an 1803 to me.

Congrats on the awesome hunt! :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-15-2012, 05:58 PM
well its about the size of a sash buckle or decorative piece for furniture , can you see any place where it might of been attached to something or any brazed marks where it might have separated from another piece of metal ?? they look more like snake scales than fish to me .

nope nothing on back.no braze marks anywhere :confused: it's not stamped brass either it's cast.

Fire Fighter 43
04-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Congrats on some nice relics and a very cool coin. WTG |:cheering:

laserfeller
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Gotta love spanish silver!!!! :wow:

The oval fish scale designed object may be a small bubble glass picture frame.

http://www.crescentcityauctiongallery.com/images/July%2018%202009/482.jpg

http://www.blackmarketantiques.com/images/20100609174458-aovalframe.jpg

eddiebb
04-23-2012, 01:18 AM
glad I read this one...the spanish coin you found is like the one I found here in upstate ny...I had no clue what it was...its worn more than yours for sure....but thats one question answered already!!! awesome finds!!!!