PDA

View Full Version : Found another nice cut. Silver and gold

Chicago Ron
04-15-2012, 05:31 PM
My buddy Mark called yesterday morning and had found a nice cut, by the time I got there he had 2 gold rings, a mans band with 8 small diamonds and a womans engagement ring with a 1 ct round stone. Both with real diamonds.
We both worked the cut but no more gold. I had to settle for a silver medalion.
Then he got there 2 hours before me this morning and got 3 more gold! I worked it for a while and decided to work the shoreline.
I at least got some leftovers. LOL
A silver cross, a silver ring and a 10K aquamarine ring, 1.9g.

Fire Fighter 43
04-15-2012, 09:57 PM
WTG Ron, congrats on getting the GOLD. |:cheering:

CODY
04-16-2012, 03:38 AM
:perfect10: Nice!

aloldstuff
04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Don't ya hate being late to the party.....nice that you were able to score some keepers

JTGOLD
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
nice ring,wtg.

Kimster
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for sharing, Ron. You're usually the one with the gold! But you certainly didn't come up empty handed. nice finds. Those Chicago beaches have got to be the best!

I’m heading out to Lincoln Nebraska this summer to see a Vietnam buddy (last saw him in 1968…we’re pretty stoked about the visit). I’m making a metal detecting road trip out of it. 3 hours driving each day, 4 or 5 detecting. After watching your videos, I did check to see how far away Chicago is from Lincoln. I just might get out there if I’m not too road weary when it’s time to leave Nebraska. I have a new cab-over-camper on my truck, and I plan to take 5 or 6 weeks. :)

Kimster
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
By the way. We're also getting some nice cuts on the beaches here in California this year following some rough weather. Tried local SF Bay area and came up with no bling (there's only one legal beach...all the rest is part of Golden Gate National Park). Heading south for 4 or 5 days next week to see if I can do better. I traded in my Surfmaster PI last week on a new Excalibur II. One thing I can say for the SM PI, with no discrimination, it sure can find a lot of rusty nails. And with the capability of finding one inch rusty nails at 18 inches, the SM was wearing me out. I'm pretty excited about the step up to the Excalibur.

dalewestaby
04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
WHat does 'found a good cut' mean?

skrapman
04-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice finds Ron, dont forget the early bird gets the gold rofl