PDA

View Full Version : Plug Removal

bob_e99
04-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I went back to a site that I detected last week and found that someone or something removed most of my plugs and the site looked like hell. Has this happened to anyone else? I went around and replaced them all but am very concerned that it gives them a reason to keep detectorists off the grounds.

Thanks.

jkress
04-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I've had this happen at a country church I detected last year. I assumed it was an animal of some sort since
there are not any kids running around at this site.. :confused:

del
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Bob , squirrels will do that sometimes to my woods sites around the cellar foundations . those energenic buggers have to much time on their little hands. lol lol

bob_e99
04-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks you both for replying. The animal theory is probably the best mainly because it would take time for people to look for the plugs and that doesn't make sense unless they thought that I was burying things. In any case, I'm planning to head back out next weekend with some good soil and grass seeds to patch the holes that don't look correct anymore. Hopefully we'll get some rain as things are bone dry right now and images of the dust bowl fills my mind.

POKIE73
04-22-2012, 05:40 AM
that can happen animals smell freshly dug dirt and think some other animal buried some thing there all you can do is really push the plug down hard with your heel it makes it harder for them to lift it up dennis