PDA

View Full Version : My Sunday with Al

MassDirtFisher
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Met Al at 7 and we hit a local park under construction. Plenty of junky signals everywhere, but I scanned a dirt pile and saw my target at the same time, laying on the slope plain as day a 1912 Barber freshly exposed from the rain waiting to be picked up. Made my Day. A few clad coins and some junk later and a visit by the local AUTHORITIES!!!, we decided to bounce around until we got to a field that I have never been before, but with all the plugs I saw someone else has been to this location. Im up for the challenge, I swung for about an hour there 3 wheats and another Keeper my first of the year SLQ, no date...doesnt matter to me, Silver dance time!! Started to rain and it was Miller time. Happy Hunting!!

Also pictured are some wheats and a Mercury dime from last week. Was unable to post as I was away for work.

HEY ROB!!! We all scored SLQ's in one week!! You, AL, and I.....WEIRD!!

aloldstuff
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Tim, had a great time today. Huge congrats on the Barber and it is weird that all three of us get SLQ's. Hopefully next weekend we'll all get together again.

JTGOLD
04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
nice silver and wheat finds,wtg.

Fire Fighter 43
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
WTG nice finds and congrats on the silver |:cheering:

Rob L
04-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Thats great ,both of you guys found SLQs. Hopefully next week you'll both find SLHs, or Barber halfs. Curious to know what the Athorities said.

Tony Two-Cent
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Congrats on the silver, especially the nice Barber Dime and the SLQ! It seems like we didn't see any SLQs posted here on the board for a long time and then lately there have been several.

Great finds, congrats! :clapping:

jkress
04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Nice bunch of keepers MassDirtFisher! :clapping: Especially the SLQ. :smitten:
Congrats on the Barber and Merc too. Good luck on your next hunt.

milco
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Nice finds! It pays to closely eyeball dirt piles at those construction sites! What did the authorities have to say?

angellionel
04-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Good eye Tim! :clapping: The Barber dime is a looker. And finding a SLQ can make just about anyone break out into a dance. :yes:

MassDirtFisher
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
One of the Neighbors near the site was curious what we were up to, and called the police. A very polite officer approached me and asked what we were finding, I told him just some coins, He told us to Have fun, and enjoy your hunt. I asked if there was a problem with us being here, as we have been here 10 times or so this year, No he replied just need to make contact with you , No problem at all. The police are very friendly and are just doing there job. All it takes is someone to think your up to no good and they dial. It was a very friendly contact, No problems at all. Happy Hunting!!

I wont hunt anywhere I am not supposed to hunt, Im a real stickler for the code of ethics, and want to preserve and protect this hobby well into the future for other to enjoy. Thank you. Tim

Epi-hunter
04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Very nice :perfect10: Those are some rare and beautiful finds. Three SLQs in one week is fantastic :perfect10:

RobW
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Great finds Tim!!!! :clapping:

Funny how Al always leaves out about the cops showing up.......further proof that it's HIM and not ME rofl

MassDirtFisher
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM

Funny how Al always leaves out about the cops showing up.......further proof that it's HIM and not ME rofl

:omg: rofl rofl rofl

aloldstuff
04-25-2012, 06:48 PM

Then how come the cop asked if I was Rob Walkers partner:huh::huh::huh::huh:thinkingabout: >:/

Mudder
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Tim, great hunting. Love finding silver that you don't have to dig form :omg: