PDA

View Full Version : Old house tear down.

DennisH
04-22-2012, 07:51 PM
On the way to work my wife called and said a couple of house's have been torn down here in town and there is fresh dirt. I didn't know how long before it would be before everything would be buryed so I was there after work in the rain. It was worth a cold rain, my first find was a wheat, a couple a feet farther a Merc, a few more feet and other Merc (all in under 5 min.). Was thinking to myself that almost all my hunts this year have been netting me more Indians then silver, what's going on:huh: And then I found a Indian, in fact before my 2 hour hunt was up I found 5 Indians, 2 local bar good for 5c in trade tokens and a crotel bell.

I went back Sunday to go over the little bit of ground one last time (only the front was huntable and I had gone over it 3 times in the rain) and came up with 2 more Indians. I can see the sheild on one side and a S on the other. That is the second rail road smoshed readable Indian I have found in town this year.

As you can see the Indians are nice and bright, I cleaned them with Mother's mag polish. Not a smart thing I know but I really like the looks of the better. I am posting a before and after pic of one of them. Let me know what you think of the polish.

milco
04-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice score on those IH's! Timing is everything when we see projects and fresh dirt like that!

BHNugget
04-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Great hunt Dennis!! Love all those indians thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
04-22-2012, 09:23 PM
:wow: that is a nice tribe of Indians, congrats on a great hunt, WTG |:cheering:

MinelabIowa
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Incredible finds Dennis. You have been digging more Indian penneys than silver coins so far this year. Congrats on the super finds!

MassDirtFisher
04-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Nice looking Indians. Congrats on a great Hunt!! Happy Hunting!!

jkress
04-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Awesome hunt Dennis! :clapping:
You are knocking it out of the park with IH's this year. :drool:
Congrats on the silver but what a very nice looking bunch of IH's. Especially the 1903. :smitten:

It's tough to judge from the photos, but looks like the polish might make the common ones nice for viewing.

aloldstuff
04-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Fresh dug dirt, gotta love it. Congrats on the pile of IH's and the silver

Epi-hunter
04-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow!! Those are amazing IHs! :perfect10: :perfect10: