PDA

View Full Version : here are 3 more..they all interest me..but the top one the most

eddiebb
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM
the top one...the front looks like a normal worn down penny...however the back is nothing I have seen before...SAM diagonal down the middle and the numbers...is that the year? I dont mean to sound dumb about all this.... but I really am lost :cheesysmile: the other 2 items are buttons I am guessing...but dont know what...Thanks again for any help.

del
04-23-2012, 06:03 AM
the top is in fact a lincoln penny that someone probably turned into tag for some reason or another , the bottom left is a great seal U.S Army button they were used from 1902 to present and the last one on the bottom right is a military collar insignia (probably Army as well) .

Dan

Dig EM
04-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I have seen a penny like that before, kids use to make them in school (name and birth year) many years ago but that most likely got stopped. Neat finds though...

eddiebb
04-23-2012, 05:04 PM
thank you guys for the help...I am loving this site...I was checking it out last night late...looked out my window and noticed we had about 4 inches of snow >:/

CODY
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Nice finds, congrats!