PDA

View Full Version : Meager Finds But Satisfying Start

z118
03-13-2010, 11:19 AM
After yesterday's failed attempt to kick off the season (I was asked to leave one of my favorite hunting grounds) I was eager to get thing started right today. I hemmed and hawed about where to go and what sort of hunting to do. I finally decided on some dirt digging at a spot which gave up a good amout of silver last season. All of Angel's insane silver finds have given me a case of silver on the brain. I expected conditions to be rough and they were. There was standing water over most of the field and it was cold (37 degrees) and raining with a driving wind, so I only managed to tough it out for about two hours. I wound up with a lonely 1960 Rosie and two wheats plus a small amout of clad. Also picked up an vintage Sears key from Toronto and two old copper rivets. I have found a bunch of these rivets at this spot. Most come out of the dirt by themselves but a few have come still stuck in a crumbling piece of leather. Anyone want to guess how old these might be?

I'm almost ashamed to post a single Rosie after looking at some of Angel's hunts already this year... but it is what it is! lol

At any rate it was great to get out. Happy hunting!

EDIT: I know I dug one nickel, but now it's missing... I must have dropped it int he field and I find that very annoying!

Ill Digger
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better I haven't hit any silver yet this year(3 hunts) crying01
But I have got the first 3 wheats of my season. :)
Congrats & HH :grin:
Why were you asked to leave your favorite spot?

Lowjiber
03-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice pics and good date on that wheatie.

Thanks for sharing.

angellionel
03-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm glad you are finally able to get out to detect. I know you had some bad days of much snow down your way. :bangahead01: And hey, whether is one silver or several, it will make for a good hunt any day... definitely better than coming home empty handed. Congrats on the silver. If last year is any indication, there will be more to come, I'm sure. Good to see you posting again. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
03-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Congratz on the Rosie Z!! :yes:

coinnut
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm almost ashamed to post a single Rosie after looking at some of Angel's hunts already this year... but it is what it is! lol

Naw, don't be ashamed to post your silver. Do what I do, If someone finds more that you, just make off they don't exist lol Then they can't beat you :confused: Angel?? Angel who? rofl Nice hunt and the season has finally started for you thumbsup01

RickO
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
A silver dime beats no silver at all... HH RickO