PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good beach scoop

carl2112
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
i wanted to order a good beach scoop for water detecting but i dont want to get a cheap flimsy one i want one i can use like a shovel. Any suggestions ? or at least tell me what kinds youve used and whether they've help up under heavey use

Fire Fighter 43
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I use the Stealth by sunspot made in Michigan. It is not cheap but it is very well made and works great in the water. I have the 8 scoop. If you google it you will find the website.

carl2112
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks I live in michigan so I hope they have a retail store I can check out if not I'll just order from them. Are you able to use your foot to push down into the ground like a shovel with it ? That's what I'm hoping to be able to do. If you don't recommend that with any water scoop please say so I don't wanna waste $100+ on a scoop to break it my first day out

carl2112
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I stopped by the sunspot shop last night after work and picked one up it seems like a very nice well made scoop I can't wait to try it out and the employees there were awesome. Its just a little fab shop off the main road and the welder who makes them came out to talk to me and show me all the reinforced welds and gussets he said when he started there 4 years ago they were only selling 1 or 2 a month and now there selling 5 or 6 a week. I'll give a report back on how well it works once I get out and try it

VaBeachMax
05-06-2012, 11:23 AM
f y i

the one scoop i did not show is a proto type S/S Diablo - i forgot to add the pic in video.....not available at this time - but soon so we hear and maybe even a titanium model.
good luck
AU4GREG SCOOPS.- SCOOP POST REGARDING APR 7TH COMMENT- FOR AU4GREG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-dwYZXqw4Y#)

VaBeachMax
05-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Let me add:
chuck has a new model scoop out: S3 - aka sugar scoop - looks pretty nice.
the pro scoops are made in mi. as well - kalamazoo
here are a few more pics of the Diablo - it is not welded - fitted, so it flexes when u dig.
keep in mine, only proto type right now
f y i