PDA

View Full Version : New from Ohio

hotrodryder
04-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Reading the recent intros, looks like this is becoming a hobby more and more are taking up here in Ohio. I am in SE Ohio, near the Athens area and looking forward to getting started after my Fisher F2 gets here. My hubby and I first started talking about getting a cheapie detector to relocate the survey pins on the farm but then thought why not go a little better and see what we can find on the farm after digging thru a fallen down barn has yielded some really interesting finds. Well, I can't wait to get started. I am a true junk hound and he's worse. Better build another barn to hold all the stuff we are going to find just digging thru the old barns and homesites and that's on the surface. This farm has been here since the late 1700's, I wonder what digging will bring to light? :wow:

Fire Fighter 43
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wisconsin. I'm sure your farm will provide you and your husband many hours of Treasure hunting excitement. Good luck and remember to post any questions you may have. Also do not forget to post your finds.

MassDirtFisher
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Happy Hunting from Westfield Ma!!

Tony Two-Cent
04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum! :beerbuddy:

It sounds like you already have an ideal place to hunt, right on your own property! I can't wait to hear about your hunts and see some of your finds!

Best of luck! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
04-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum thumbsup01

It sounds like you have a dream detecting spot right outside of your door! I'm jealous :envious: Let us know what you find! :yes:

del
04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
i'm really looking toward seeing what you find from the farm , please keep us updated . again welcome to the forum Hotrodryder.

Dan

angellionel
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome aboard! It looks like you two will be digging up some great history. Keep us posted!

aloldstuff
04-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Very nice that you have a spot to hunt right out your back door. Looking forward to your finds and posts. The finds are nice to get but remember having fun while do so is just as important. Hope you and your husband make some great finds and memories

Lowjiber
04-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

I've done a lot of ruffed grouse hunting in your neck-o-the-woods. Should be a lot of targets just waiting for your new F2.

Best of luck.

CODY
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted on the finds from the farm. HH

Mudder
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Welcome Hotrodryder from Southern Mississippi. Looking forward to your post. :clapping:

jkress
04-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist hotrodryder. :clapping:
Sounds like you have lots and lots of potential right out your front door. :happydance01:

OxShoeDrew
05-03-2012, 04:23 AM
My wife and I have been through Ohio about a dozen times and were impressed with the number of falling down barns lol. Sounds like you'll find lots of keepers, good luck.

hotrodryder
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
My wife and I have been through Ohio about a dozen times and were impressed with the number of falling down barns lol. Sounds like you'll find lots of keepers, good luck.

Makes me sad to see fallen down barns. You will never be able to replace the things people take for granted these days and an old wooden barn is a true treasure!! We are lucky that there are many Amish in our area that will repair them and keep them standing. I like to salvage old barn wood and use it as much as I can in my house but it's getting harder to find anything that is still useable.