PDA

View Full Version : Colonial mud bath hunt

coinnut
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Yep, it's Saturday again and Del and I were off colonial hunting. We decided to try some previous sites and find some coppas lol Not today :cheesysmile: But we did well, except that it rained all day long :ticked: It was a bit cold, windy and rainy, but other than that it was nice rofl At least no one bothered us. Had a very good day and managed to find a coin too. Today's haul includes a nice strap hinge - 30 long :shocked04:, a deer antler - 3 points, a nice skeleton key, an 1869 Shield Nickel, 3 nice military buttons, a magnifying lens, a nice ring, etc... We'll be back next time for them coppas :mad: :ticked:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-13-2010, 06:51 PM
WOW we are not the only nut cases then rofl
you guys did awesome! nice buttons and nice relics!
yup we are all nuts! :crazy:

del
03-13-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah George was so desperate to get a find early on he actually stole a deer's antler. lol lol and that farmer is
going to be peed off when his barn door falls off when he trys to use it . lol lol :tongue: good finds today George but i think
you cleaned them buttons to well i know there was a letter on the shield of one of those eagle ones :rolleyes: ;) very nice and had a good time .

Dan

coinnut
03-13-2010, 08:32 PM
good finds today George but i think
you cleaned them buttons to well i know there was a letter on the shield of one of those eagle ones :rolleyes: ;)

Dan

No, that's just mud in your eye lol There was never a letter on there :rolleyes: The blind leading the blind rofl

angellionel
03-13-2010, 08:45 PM
And I thought I was nuts for trying to detect in that monsoon. lol lol

You did very well, George. Those buttons are very nice, especially the larger one. Sweet nickel too! And what happened to the barn door? :confused: Don't answer that. lol lol

Epi-hunter
03-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice finds!! They would have made my day. Except for the deer antlers. Just curious George.... what FE and CO did those come in on the E-Trac? :poke: rofl

sniffy
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I really envy all the military buttons I've been seeing. IT's fun playing in the rain eh?

coinnut
03-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Nice finds!! They would have made my day. Except for the deer antlers. Just curious George.... what FE and CO did those come in on the E-Trac? :poke: rofl

I'm not sure what they read, I couldn't get them off of Del's head. What I would have given for bow and arrow rofl Angie, I'm not a hunter myself, so I would have preferred the deer keep them, but I think our wolfie friends got to him. crying01

del
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
well i too didn't take the camera because of the windy rainy day we had and the mud :yes: Coinnut redecorated my
passenger side bucket seat in the jeep apparently it wasn't darken enough brown for his liking. lol lol thanks for the mud
buddy :tongue: :tongue: heres my scrawny finds for the day ,alot of targets that sang off hard but most were scraps of brass or junk
Dan

kurtnks
03-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Great hunt coinnut :) Oh by the way--deer shed there antlers every year around this tme of year and will start to grow new ones before this fall. So he actually did good by making it through deer season lol Keep up the great hunting--Kurt

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
well i too didn't take the camera because of the windy rainy day we had and the mud :yes: Coinnut redecorated my
passenger side bucket seat in the jeep apparently it wasn't darken enough brown for his liking. lol lol thanks for the mud
buddy :tongue: :tongue: heres my scrawny finds for the day ,alot of targets that sang off hard but most were scraps of brass or junk
Dan

nice relics dan! beautiful rosette,very cool buckle and a neat key!

sniffy
03-13-2010, 11:19 PM
You two always have a nice pile of relics and coins!

SeabeeRon
03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Good stuff guys!! thumbsup01

John M
03-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Nice finds guys for swinging in the rain.
Nice group of military buttons George.The Ct. is in great shape,I like finding them home staters.The shield nickel is better than digging a state quarter deep in the woods.
Dan you got a few nice relics as well.I like the shield shaped buckle and the monogrammed spoon.
Hopefully my wife sitting duties will be done this week and I can get back out there.

coinnut
03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh by the way--deer shed there antlers every year around this tme of year and will start to grow new ones before this fall. So he actually did good by making it through deer season lol

Good to know, but this one shed more than that :-\ I think it was a victim for sure :crying02:

RickO
03-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, it was a good relic day, even if no coppers showed up. And more deer die of starvation in the winter than hunters kill during the brief season. RickO

coinnut
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Coinnut redecorated my passenger side bucket seat in the jeep apparently it wasn't darken enough brown for his liking. lol lol thanks for the mud buddy :tongue: :tongue:

heres my scrawny finds for the day ,alot of targets that sang off hard but most were scraps of brass or junk
Dan

Hey, now that I know you like the mud, I will to leave you a couple of ticks when they finally reach me too. rofl It seems that they like you better. :smitten:

heres my scrawny finds for the day ,alot of targets that sang off hard but most were scraps of brass or junk
Dan

Stop complaining about your finds. You got 4 good targets. You can't get lucky everytime and find a copper. lol Maybe you just weren't trying hard enough? :confused: rofl

xzlr8n
03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Lots of tatrgets = lots of fun!! Kept your mind off the mud and >:\ I hope.