PDA

View Full Version : American Digger

CTDirtFisher
04-30-2012, 03:07 PM
http://embryonicrobot.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/american-digger/

del
04-30-2012, 05:37 PM
those sentiments are shared on pretty much all the forums i have visited . i loath that show and refuse to partake in its viewership , it will be curious to hear if the Archaeologist i work with has watched and to hear his take on it .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
05-12-2012, 02:26 PM
So I take my prep period to go go my wife's school to show her second graders my finds. One little kid raises his hand and asks if I've ever seen American Digger.. :(

carl2112
05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I only watch the show because it alredy set up to record on my DVR but I usually just skim thru it I wanna see there finds(even though I know its all staged and fake ) but was I the only one who was appalled in the last episode I watched someone dug up a beer can and just chucked it off into the distance instead of throwing it out properly. Just another example of how this show portrays us in a bad light

Dimeman
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
I only watched part of one episode where they asked a lady to search her property and she told them to leave or she would call the police....she had the right idea !!!!

dave in iowa
05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I;ve watched it a few times , i am appalled at their approach and freally feel they give detectors a bad name , if i asked folks to search like they do, id have no places to detect , they should take the show off the air and now that i hear its all faked , my god , whats the point
:thumbsdown:

carl2112
05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
And now anytime you knock on someones door to ask for permission there gonna want to haggle some kind of 80/20 split with them. Thinking there land has 1000's of dollars worth of treasures buried on it. And of course its all fake. I took a survival class with one of the outdoor survival guys from a popular show and he told me its all fake and all the scenarios are set up. Its a TV show and they might call it reality Tv but its so far from it !

milco
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
That show is absolutely obsurd, watched one time and it will be the last!

tanacat
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I admit that I have watched all of the episodes 'to keep up' :crazy:

It is sooo far-fetched \:hammer: the finds, the values, the explosions :rolleyes:

But I do like when they research and ask permission & the initial mystery surrounding what they find. Shake my head and roll eyes with hubby Tom when he says &quot:beerbuddy:OOM BABy

:crazy: Very silly. We both put down the show, but then find ourselves watching on DVR...

del
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
well it looks like American Digger Magazine has dropped Mr. Rick booom-baby Savage
from from their writing staff . apparently they want to dis-associate themselves from the show because of the bad publicity and unapproval it has been getting.
heres what has been said on ADM face book page...

Heres the post:

Heres the post:

American Digger Magazine
Some important changes at American Digger Magazine:
After much deliberation, we have decided to drop American Digger’ Magazine’s association with Rick Savage, who until this month wrote our Savage Facts column. The parting was amicable, and we appreciate his work on his column and past promotions of the magazine . We won’t lie, our dropping his association was in great part because of the controversy his TV show has created, and the confusion that American Digger Magazine had anything more than a passing association with the Spike TV series which shares our name.
Please, if you enjoy or have enjoyed American Digger Magazine in the past, continue to do so, because we will not change our format: A good digging magazine for those more concerned with historical values than market values.
We wish those connected with the show well, but had to further make a distinction between the magazine and show. We hope this helps clear things up.
Regards,
Butch Holcombe, Publisher
American Digger Magazine

i'll give Butch credit to cut the dead weight off the ship before it sinks you , now if the shows sponsors would feel the heat by people boycotting their products they might do the same .

Dan

MassDirtFisher
06-03-2012, 05:34 PM
My issue with Mr. Savage and members of his team is GREED!!! Every show its all about the money...What happend to finding , and preserving these artifacts and relics. Has he ever donated something to a historical society , or a museum?? I have never known a detectorist to be in it for the money knocking on someones door. I have recently knocked on doors and got a no because of that program. Its aggravating to try to tell a homeowner that Im not like the big guy on TV. Im in it for the love of history. Happy Hunting!!