PDA

View Full Version : Cold, wet, and very happy

sniffy
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Went and picked up Heavymetalnut today. Decided to do some downpour metal detecting in the cold. We searched 4 cellar holes today, the 1st one I found this crotal bell and a button and some other odds and ends. The other two sites were duds, but the last site that I recently found ended up being a sweet spot. At first the targets weren't comin at all, and finnaly I got an awesome solid silver signal on the prizm. (penny bouncing to quarter signal) I dug 4 inches down and tangled in the roots was this absolutely beautiful capped bust dime. I can't begin to explain the feeling. I rinsed it off in the brook and realized how beautiful it actually was. My new favorite coin. Dave came over to witness all of this.....and not even 30 seconds after I covered my hole he to had an awesome signal, I checked it on the prizm...solid copper reading...he digs down and there it was, a colonial copper. He's amped, I'm happy for him. And then! Not even 10 minutes later he calls me over with a another awesome signal...solid quarter reading....He digs again, BAM New Jersey Copper! What a day we both had, I ended up diggin another button....We were both soaking wet but our blood was runnin soo much we both didn't even notice...Thanks for lookin.

angellionel
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Fantastic find! Man, I just know your heart was pounding. lol That is a beautiful coin. Congrats! thumbsup01

del
03-13-2010, 09:23 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: incredibly nice condition Jesse huge congrats and again i believe its an error 1830 over 29 . probably about a
500 dollar coin :drool: thumbsup01

sniffy
03-13-2010, 09:31 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: incredibly nice condition Jesse huge congrats and again i believe its an error 1830 over 29 . probably about a
500 dollar coin :drool: thumbsup01
How can you tell Del? I see the similarities in the Red Book but Im not sure.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-13-2010, 09:33 PM
hey jess CONGRATS man! that is one sweet coin!
here's the pics i took of your coin

del
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
How can you tell Del? I see the similarities in the Red Book but Im not sure.

the 0 is a little distorted and the middle of the 3 is as well , its one of my many talents plus i'm psychic too :crazy: . i can tell
from the the coins aurora that you found it with the prism as well and not the dfx. lol lol

sniffy
03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
the 0 is a little distorted and the middle of the 3 is as well , its one of my many talents plus i'm psychic too :crazy: . i can tell
from the the coins aurora that you found it with the prism as well and not the dfx. lol lol
I am overwhelmed by your secret powers. I'll never feel comfortable while bathing, with the thought of you watching from afar through your crystal ball rofl rofl :shocked04:

coinnut
03-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Nice clad dime rofl What a sweet find :cheesysmile: I bet you still have a stupid smile on your face lol Great coin and well worth getting wet. I see you finally got through and posted ;) She's a beauty :shocked04:

sniffy
03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Nice clad dime rofl What a sweet find :cheesysmile: I bet you still have a stupid smile on your face lol Great coin and well worth getting wet. I see you finally got through and posted ;) She's a beauty :shocked04:
Yeah I cant' stop grinnin about this one. Yeah it took awhile to get through with the post...but there she is in all her glory.

SeabeeRon
03-13-2010, 11:17 PM
WOW!!! :shocked04: That is one sweet looking coin!!! :drool:

del
03-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I am overwhelmed by your secret powers. I'll never feel comfortable while bathing, with the thought of you watching from afar through your crystal ball rofl rofl :shocked04:

trust me Jesse you bathing would be just about the last thing i'd be watching :bop: lol lol :poke: but i will watch that pretty
dime for ya :grin:

sniffy
03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
trust me Jesse you bathing would be just about the last thing i'd be watching :bop: lol lol :poke: but i will watch that pretty
dime for ya :grin:
I'll let you watch her only if you give her ample amount of affection and let her watch her stories after the price is right. :rolleyes: lol :yes:

John M
03-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Sweet coin Jesse.That baby has a ton of details and most likely was dropped early on.I have dug two in a farm field 1809,1835.
Well worth the time and the soaking.

RickO
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow.. that is an awesome find in incredibly good condition... congratulations... RickO

Epi-hunter
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow!!! That is a fantastic find! No wonder your blood was pumping! :shocked04:

xzlr8n
03-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Wow!!! You are a lucky man, that girl will keep you happy for a long time!! Congrats on terrific find thumbsup01.