PDA

View Full Version : 5 minutes with the E-trac

Beefcake
03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
I got to spend about 5 minutes swinging my new detector this evening after work, so I just went in my front yard. Mind you I've hit my yard at least 20 times before. I just got started off of my driveway and had a really nice sounding target. My driveway is cement with rebar and I've never been able to detect near it in the past because of the iron disturbance. I dug down...slightly off target, but I'll get the pinpoint after a few targets, at around 6 I find this token! It's not silver, but I love to find tokens! It's from a local bank from our town when it was known as Canal Dover... it's now just Dover. The token dates to around 1910 or slightly earlier. I love the sensativity of the e-trac. I didn't have time to do any more digging because it started to rain, but I kept swinging and had some really nice signals in the dime range. This blows me away! I love the clear tones I'm getting too... I still need to learn how to figure out how to adjust the machine and I've only been able to spend about 30 minutes with it so far. This is going to be fun!!!! The quarter is just there for size.

coinnut
03-13-2010, 10:42 PM
rofl rofl rofl I think you are hooked BC. The E Trac grows on you :yes: Congrats on your token, It's a nice find.

SeabeeRon
03-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Your off and swinging Beef!! Sweet token find!

Lowjiber
03-13-2010, 11:26 PM
I've got GoreTex. Where did you say those dime signals were exactly:huh:thinkingabout:

rofl rofl rofl

Good on ya, Beef!!!! Congrats on the new machine.

RickO
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Good luck with your new machine Beefcake... HH RickO

toehead
03-15-2010, 07:24 AM
In no time at all you will become one with your detector, then look out.