PDA

View Full Version : 13 ultimate DD coil (Hairline Crack Problem)

wingmaster
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
You might want to check your 13 ultimate DD coil if you bought one, I found a hairline crack in the epoxy when I took the cover off to clean it out. The coil worked great but I'm sending it back for fear of water getting in it, you had to be in the sunlight to see the crack. HH

CyberSage
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey Wingmaster!
Thanks for the detailed picture of the coil. I pulled my cover off, and cleaned it, and the coil real good. I looked at the entire coil very closely. I did not find any defects or cracks. I would be interested in hearing more feedback from other 13 Ultimate coil users. If you have one, pull the cover, and let us know what you find.

Jack

wingmaster
05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
You would probably need to be in direct sunlight to see this small of a crack and water makes in alot more visible, the coil also had a little piece of metal sticking out possibly coil winding not sure on that though. The coil was working fine but was afraid water would get in from even detecting in wet grass as even a pinhole and water will get in. HH

wingmaster
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Sent the coil back RMA and they shipped another one today, so hopefully it will be here friday. The coil seems to find the coins that are on edge reallt well, gives a better tone that sounds like a deep digable signal. HH

wingmaster
05-22-2012, 01:17 AM
Got my new one in with no cracks and works great found four wheats and a silver rosie first few hours out with it. HH