PDA

View Full Version : need help with dfx

holedigger
03-14-2010, 09:27 PM
took out my dfx today and could not get passed the first screen when balancing it (hold at waste and press enter) the screen was kind of blinking and fading in and out. i thought that my rechargeable battery was low, so i put fresh aa batteries in but still had the same problem. i have no idea what is going on. can anyone help

xzlr8n
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Might want to try a hard reset. You do this by turning the machine on and get it to some sort of stable point (which for you might be just turning it on), at this point with the machine still on open the battery door and remove the battery. Wait a minute or so and replace the battery and start your machine up again. This is kind of like what we all do with our computers when they freeze up. This should rest your machine and it should work OK. If this doesn't work you might want to give Whites a call, they are super duper when it comes to service. Good luck...

del
03-15-2010, 06:00 AM
hello Holedigger , i would follow the above advice first but it does sound like your machine might need a tune-up
or there's some very serious emi nearby. whites has an excellent reputation to service their products and alot of the
times they don't even charge which speaks volumes about what kind of company they are. please let us know how
you make out either way. :yes:

Dan

coinnut
03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
I think the advice is good. If the reboot doesn't help and your coil wire is in nice and tight to the box, then it may be a software problem and will need to go for repairs. Let us know how it goes. If it has to go to White's, call them first and see how you should ship and any other details they may want. One thing for sure, if it goes back, it will come back fixed, sometimes better than new. thumbsup01

mgtmadness
04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
also check your little metal tabs that the battery presses against when the door is shut. It could be the battery pack is not pressing/ or resting correctly on them.
Kinda acting like a loose ground wire to tail lights on a trailer.