PDA

View Full Version : Park Hunt - Iffy Signal = Spill

milco
05-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Yesterday I met up with gameoftag (from FMDF), we had planned to hit up an old boy scout camp site in the woods and did that for a couple of hours (pictures for that later). Without much success there, we got out of the rain, got a bite to eat, then headed over to an old park. I picked out a small section about 30 x 30 feet near some very large trees and started working the area digging pretty much everything I could find that beeped. We were there about 1 1/2 hours and I found five coins. A zincoln, a 1945P war nickel and a coin spill with items pulled out in order - 1909 wheat, 1915D buffalo, 1928 merc, nail. It pays to go slow and dig those iffy signals, this was from about 7-8 inches.

Rob L
05-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Congrats on the Buff,also the silver nickel. I see that you got some nails also. I guess there isn't a place where there isn't nails. The way we find them you would think that people carry them around in their pockets like change. I guess we have to have some rain with the sunshine. Keep digging those iffy signals. :yes:

jkress
05-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Now that's a nice hunt my friend. Especially hitting on the coin spill. :clapping:

Are you still swinging the same machine as last year or have you switched to something new.

Either way... great bunch of keepers. :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
05-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Smart hunting. Seems that most coin spills have the iffy signals. Glad you were digging all the signals. Congrats on all your keepers.

milco
05-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Now that's a nice hunt my friend. Especially hitting on the coin spill. :clapping:

Are you still swinging the same machine as last year or have you switched to something new.

Either way... great bunch of keepers. :beerbuddy:

Thanks Joe! Nope, still swingin' my White's Coinmaster.

CODY
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Very nice finds! A lot better than I've been getting lately. Congrats!

Fire Fighter 43
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Nice little spill, WTg |:cheering:

angellionel
05-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Nicely done milco. :clapping: You walked away from there with several good keepers.

Lowjiber
05-11-2012, 08:10 AM
It's funny how those iffy signals are often spills.

I got one once with an MXT in the 90 VDI range with a target id of a dollar. When I dug it there was a spill of four quarters. Prior to that, I wasn't aware that an MXT could count money. lol