PDA

View Full Version : newb silver

Dustcat
05-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone, I just started mding about 6 weeks ago. Had a pretty good learning curve with the v3i but with the help of some friends and the info on this forum I'm starting to figure things out. I got my best find so far yesterday in a neighbors yard and man was I excited! Silver #13 for me! Thanks for all the info you guys have put together on here!
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/shedhtr/IMAG0689.jpg

aloldstuff
05-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Dustcat, that is one heck of a find. Most md'ers dream on finding a silver dollar. Huge congrats. Would there be a mint mark on the back:huh:thinkingabout: A CC mint mark makes that a very valuable coin.

Tony Two-Cent
05-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Glad to see your first post here, Dustcat! And what a first post it is!

That's an incredible find! :loveit:

Thirteen silvers in six weeks is really good for someone who just started detecting! I've been hunting off and on for 25+ years and still haven't found a silver dollar.

Congrats on the amazing find! |:confused:)

CODY
05-10-2012, 06:59 AM
:wow: What an awesome find! Can we get a picture of the back? I been MDing about a year now. I found my first silver dollar a few months back. THAT is one find you wil never ever forget. I wonder if your hands were shaking as bad as mine was. Congrats on a excellent find.

Fire Fighter 43
05-10-2012, 05:09 PM
:wow: That is agreat find looks like you are getting the hang of that V3i, WTG |:cheering:

tanacat
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
:clapping: Wow, I am impressed |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

I've been hunting pretty regularly for almost 3 yrs and still haven't pulled up a dollar. My half dollar count is at 7 though :) Congrats!!!

I'm excited for you that it might be a CC- let us know!

Rob L
05-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the great find. I found one and was extremely happy, for about 2 minutes, till I realized it was a clad dollar. Oh well it was better than a clad half. Still looking for the real silver dollar.

Dustcat
05-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone, the mint mark is an o. I'll get a pic of the back tomorrow for ya. That coin was so big I thought it had to be play money or something until I started wiping it off. I sure won't forget that coin! That's the first silver dollar I've ever held!

mike l
05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Sweet find Dustcat :peace:. Still looking for my first Silver Dollar

Lowjiber
05-11-2012, 08:12 AM
...Thirteen silvers in six weeks is really good for someone who just started detecting!

Heck, I've been doing this for a while and consider thirteen silvers in six weeks to be fantastic.

Very nice find! |:cheering: Thanks for the nice pic!

Snapolson
05-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Wow! The V3i must be a great detector. It took me six months before I found my first silver. lol Congrats on the BIG one you found!