PDA

View Full Version : CTX 3030 Details

midas
05-11-2012, 07:23 AM
CTX 3030 details are available (except price) on the Minelab website. They have the brochure ready for download. Uses FBS2 technology.
The color screen and details look really similar to a White's V3i. They even added a Ground Balance feature, color target plotting, numerical depth (hope it can be changed it to inches).
Can the Sunray X1 probe be used:huh::huh:thinkingabout:

CyberSage
05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Some interesting features on this detector. So far I am liking the ability to custom control the audio tone response. They really did the wireless audio the right way. Using a module that you plug your own choice of headphones into is a fantastic concept. This is how wireless audio should be. The improved color screen will hopefully be easier on the eyes as well.
The big question is FBS2 any better than FBS technology? Since no one really knows how either work, it will be hard to compare. Minelab needs to open up about their technology concerning frequency use, and processing. :huh::huh:thinkingabout:

angellionel
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Someday I may give one a try. :thinkingabout: Perhaps Minelab may be willing to loan me one for a month. :daydream: Yes, I know. I'm a dreamer. :rolleyes:

CyberSage
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Angel,
You are in fact Minelab's success story. I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you one. I think it was Lee who said it best. You could do better than most of us with a piece of wire tied to a stick. lol

Bell-Two
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Someday I may give one a try. :thinkingabout: Perhaps Minelab may be willing to loan me one for a month. :daydream: Yes, I know. I'm a dreamer. :rolleyes:

Yes to quote John Lennon Yes I know I am a dreamer but I'm not the only one

I too would like the chance to use one before I decide to buy!

Fire Fighter 43
05-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I can not resist I'm on the list for one from our sponsor NE Detectors. I told my wife do not worry about a fathers day or birthday gift I'm buying my own this year. She knows how much I love this hobby and new toys so it's a go.

midas
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Fire Fighter, Congrats on your new machine. I bet you're looking forward to May 28th. We will all need a full blown FIELD REPORT and ETrac comparison. The machine by the specs seems like the ultimate detector.
I wonder why Minelab is being so secretive about the price? Maybe they're waiting to see potential demand and will then set the price on what the market will bear?
And I don't know if Sunray will make an inline probe for it. The coil has a custom chip like the XTerra's which precludes Sunray from making a probe due to Minelab patent issues.

I'm as excited as you are to see what the machine can do. Don't forget - detailed FIELD REPORT.

Fire Fighter 43
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Don't forget - detailed FIELD REPORT.

I will do my best to give a good report. The only problem I have is time. Once my kids are on summer break I'm with them most of my off duty days. Then there are sports, both of them are playing three sports, then there is time with the wife, camping and golf season is in full swing. Normally the summer months consist of little detecting time. My plan is to learn everything I can about this new machine over the summer and then hit it hard for the fall season. So be patient with my reports as it will be a slow learning curve for me.