PDA

View Full Version : New here - not new to hobby in WNY

elkameno59
05-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello folks, I've been off and on working many fields and shores around WNY for about 8 years. I've been having a ball proving many friends wrong telling me how I'm never going to find anything good or my wife who has gone with me sometimes just to get a chair and watch me work over a park picnic area for the 5th time. I'm getting a new detector soon but until then I have my trusty old one. Lots of coins and buckles - a wrist watch, a few silver rings and a hood ornament from a Benz are the latest treasures I never thought to find a forum regarding this hobby until I found out a friend from work has been out lately - and he told me about this forum.. I hope to learn and share with all of you. :interesting:

CODY
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and finds. HH

Fire Fighter 43
05-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad your friend sent you our way and I'm looking forward to your input. HH

angellionel
05-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist! :beerbuddy:

Lowjiber
05-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada. |:cheering:

Persistence pays off, as you know. We're looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

OxShoeDrew
05-12-2012, 10:24 AM
What have those fields coughed up? I went to a corn field this morning only to find that it had just been planted. :thumbsdown: I hope you enjoy it here.

del
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
hello Elkameno59 , welcome to American Detectorist . :grin:
this place has some great people and the experience an info on here is awesome but its the finds that pop up from members that will blow you away . i hope to see some from you very soon , best of luck .

Dan

aloldstuff
05-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Welcome from western MA. Glad your friend directed you to this forum. What type of new detector are you getting? Looking forward to your your future finds and posts

elkameno59
05-14-2012, 04:37 PM
I decided on getting a ACE 350 - for a few reasons I'm getting huge upgrade. I haven't seen many bad or very negative reviews of the Garrett 350. I was going to see about a used unit on line but I want a new one and it's in my price range .

Mudder
05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Welcome from the very deep south. These are good folks and always ready to lend a helping hand. :peace:

MassDirtFisher
05-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the forum , from Western Massachusetts , Happy Hunting!!