PDA

View Full Version : Post Beach Construction Hunt

milco
05-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I finally made it down to the beach tonight after work for about an hour. You may have seen Fire Fighter 43's hunts with the beach construction project. Well the sand is all back in place but there are lots of targets that got moved around with the sand. I spent about 1 hour tonight and found the stuff below hunting in all metal mode as I knew that the hi tones were all gone from other MDers. I managed to pull two old nickels, one of which is a war nickel. I know that now, but did not know what I had until I got home. I am sure there are more old coins there just have to spend the time. Memorial Day weekend is coming up so I will be spending some time down there over the next couple of weeks.

aloldstuff
05-17-2012, 04:41 AM
I see what you mean by not knowing what you had until you got home. Very smart going in all metal mode. Hope you can get some more keepers before Memorial Day.

CODY
05-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Nice, Good luck on your future hunts. HH

leslie(nova scotia)
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....you sure made the beach safer. keep on a digging! <;)

Fire Fighter 43
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice job Darren, you are braver than I am to hunt in all metal. I'm gald I left you a few keepers, I'm pretty sure I got most of the pull tabs over 200 for three trips. WTG |:cheering:

JTGOLD
05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
that looks like a lot of stuff I find too,nice save on the nickels,good going,

jkress
05-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Congrats Darren. Glad you were able to sniff out a couple of old nickels. Score on the silver one. :clapping: