PDA

View Full Version : new garret gti 2500 vs new m6

Bubbalew
05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
After a couple of weeks trying to compare, and decide on what new model to get I decided to get both the Garret GTI 2500 and the Whites M6. I must say I am EXTREMELY happy with both detectors and really cant tell if one is better than the other. Granted, I've only had each one for a week and have maybe been out a total of 8 hours using both, I have had great experiences with both. The Garret has great depth and I absolutely love the graphic imaging. It's been pretty much spot on and easy to pin point with.
The Whites m6 has a the same depth but is A LOT lighter and easier to swing. Also it seems that it takes to weeding out trash a bit better and is a little bit more accurate with identifying targets.

Now, here comes my stupid question. with my Ace 350 it was turn it on and go....it would pretty much stay quiet unless I found a coin and would give me a noticeable bell tone, Making pinpointing easier and quicker. With the new Garret 2500 while swinging I'm getting beeps and boops all over the place and every once and a while I'll hear a bell tone but it's quickly lost. Only if I stop dead in my tracks and swing over where I THINK I may have got the signal and swing again and again in that vicinity might I get a tone I can be confident enough to pinpoint with imaging and dig. What I'm wondering is there a setting or a adjustment I can make to silent all the extra beeps and blips and make it like the 350 and just get the belltone signal when a target is found reducing the extra noise and confusion of possibly not hearing a good signal?

Any advice would be great. Thanks again and Happy Hunting! :peace:

Dimeman
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I had owned a Whites M6 from Jan 2007 until Jan 2011. I had tried a friends Garrett AT Pro where I had just searched around a tree and got a bottlecap signal only from my M6. With the AT Pro, it read a bottle cap and right next to it a dime ( which was clad) that the M6 could NOT detect. I bought a AT Pro and have hunted many parks where I had searched with a M6 many times......the AT Pro found coins where the M6 had missed them.

Just my 2 cents

Bubbalew
05-27-2012, 10:30 PM
thanks , it was nice to get at lease ONE reply. lol lol

jkress
05-30-2012, 11:49 PM
What I'm wondering is there a setting or a adjustment I can make to silent all the extra beeps and blips and make it like the 350 and just get the belltone signal when a target is found reducing the extra noise and confusion of possibly not hearing a good signal?

With higher end machines you are going to hear more 'chatter/information'. But, hearing more is a good thing. :yes:

Hearing more information about what is going on under the coil allows you to determine if the target
is trash or a coin hiding in trash. It's up to you to decipher what your machine is communicating.

The more time you spend with the 2500... the more it will start making sense and feeling comfortable. :yes: thumbsup01