PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Swing - Some Kind of 14k Miracle!!!

z118
05-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I haven't been detecting in about a month as my family is moving soon and every non work moment has been filled with packing and preparing our current home for the market. We've finally gotten most of the work behind us, and I had a few hours in the morning today before my son's baseball game, so I dragged myself out of bed early for some much needed swing time. Detecting is very therapeutic, and a month without is not so good for my demeanor.

At any rate, with only an hour or two before my son's game, and after so long without hunting, I figured I'd take it easy and just hit a few tot lots. The first was pleasantly productive, giving up about $5 in clad and a very cool cicada pendant (cicadas are one of my favorite insects). I headed to a second tot lot, which gave up a good number of pennies but oddly not many other coins. As I was heading out I hit a sketchy low tone with the Tracker - the sort of signal that 999 out of 1000 times proves to be a bit of foil. But not today. After pushing some chips around there it was suddenly - a big, gold crucifix! I didn't even touch it at first, just taking a moment to savor that feeling! I picked it up and flipped it over and was thrilled to see the 14k stamp! It was nice too, and immediately reminded me of a silver crucifix that I had found a few years ago which to this day is among my favorite finds. I posted about it here:

[url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg2018#msg2018]http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg2018#msg201:dontknow:/url]

Only upon comparing the two at home did I discover that they are from the same maker and completely identical. This kind of blows my mind. The silver version was amazing because I found it in two pieces, and now to find a second one but gold this time... I don't know what the odds are but I can't help but think it's amazing.

I would have thought the sterling version had some age to it, but I'm not so sure about the gold... it clearly was lost recently but I suppose it could still be an old piece.

At any rate, this was a heck of a way to get back into the swing. The shot of endorphins from this find has done wonders for my mood and mindset! Once again detecting proves to be the best therapy around...

Happy hunting!

dalewestaby
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
That is amazing, SUPER congrats on the finds! It amazes me how well people do at tot lots for gold and silver. Were you at a school, or a park tot lot?

CODY
05-19-2012, 01:45 PM
:wow:Very, very nice! Congrats! A very awesome find! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
What are the odds......both of those crucifixs are great finds. Now how's the mind....hope the move goes very smoothly for you

OxShoeDrew
05-19-2012, 02:51 PM
That is a terrific story :shocked03: ...and that cuff link looks pretty cool too.

jkress
05-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow! That is a great find. :smitten: It's amazing you have one of each now. Congrats on the gold.

z118
05-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the comments all!

Were you at a school, or a park tot lot?

It was a school tot lot.

PL8MAN
05-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Beautiful gold ! thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
05-21-2012, 06:44 PM
:wow: That cross is beutiful and to have found its twin in silver, it is amazing, very nice find WTG |:cheering:

elkameno59
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
:clapping: wonderful find. Happy moving and get back out there soon after.