PDA

View Full Version : finds to id

POKIE73
05-20-2012, 11:28 AM
here are some finds i would like some help with

del
05-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Dennis , the first is a chinese cash coin . theres a website or two that lets you decifer the marks to tell you the age .

the second looks to be a horse buckle of some kind ,
the third is a very cool padlock but i'm unsure what the picture represents and the last looks like a horse decoration possibly a new type horse rosette.

POKIE73
05-20-2012, 02:23 PM
thank you for thew info del here is some on the padlock thought you would like to know dennis

CODY
05-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Cool finds Dennis. That is a very cool padlock. This is what I see on the pad lock. Probably wrong, so don't take it to the bank. On top, I see the all seeing eye. Bottom I see a bee hive. Both Masonic symbols. Could have been a lock that held deep, dark secrets! Hahaha

OOPS, told you not to take it to the bank!!!!!! Hahahahaha

OxShoeDrew
05-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Neat finds...and nice IDing :->

DoctorR
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Cool finds Dennis. That is a very cool padlock. This is what I see on the pad lock. Probably wrong, so don't take it to the bank. On top, I see the all seeing eye. Bottom I see a bee hive. Both Masonic symbols. Could have been a lock that held deep, dark secrets! Hahaha

OOPS, told you not to take it to the bank!!!!!! Hahahahaha

I'd guess that it's an igloo and not a bee hive, and that it's the midnight sun and not the all-seeing-eye. North Pole and all...

Neil in West Jersey
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Looks like an 18th century Chinese coin.

This link will help: http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china.htm

tanacat
06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Those are all very neat! Esp love that lock |:cheering: