PDA

View Full Version : unknown ring

carl2112
05-20-2012, 08:44 PM
[attach=1]
I found this ring in a school yard. At fist I thought it was silver there's no mark on it but upon closer inspection I think it might be a steel wire craft ring but what do you guys think

Ill Digger
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
:thinkingabout: I'm no expert, but it looks like a silver wire ring to me, with a turquoise or jade type of stone in it. :dontknow:
One way to find out for sure is to take it to a jeweler. Most jewelery store will test your metals for no cost.
Nice find!
Congrats! :grin:

carl2112
05-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks I never thought of that. I just assumed since there was no stamp that it must be steel. But its still a cool looking ring

del
05-21-2012, 02:50 AM
steel wire would give off a poor target signal like junk or iron but a silver wire will ring higher on your vdi scale

CODY
05-21-2012, 06:46 AM
I say Silver, Congrats. Silver and gold test kits are very cheap on the internet.

CTDirtFisher
05-21-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm with Cody.... That is Silver...

carl2112
05-21-2012, 08:24 AM
That's awesome. I'll take it to a jeweler for confirmation. But silver was my first thought to especially because it can out of the ground looking just like that all shiny with no corrosion. Funny story the day I found that I took my sister in law out for her first time she just bought a bounty hunter and wanted to try it out. Well 10mins in she finds a buffalo head I was so jealous I found this ring shortly after but without a 925 mark on it I just assumed it was costume jewelry. So I guess this is my first official silver. Thanks for all the help

Relic Whisperer
05-21-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm no expert, but it looks like a silver wire ring to me, with a turquoise or jade type of stone in it.
One way to find out for sure is to take it to a jeweler. Most jewelery store will test your metals for no cost.
Nice find!
Congrats!

I agree, it looks just like the silver wire ring with Turquois I found last year.

CODY
05-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Here is a picture of one I found last Nov. that is similar. And would you believe I have lost it and can't find it anywhere. I think I remember putting it up so I could remember where I put it. Dang, it's a bummer getting old!