PDA

View Full Version : I'm not complaining .

Ill Digger
03-15-2010, 09:56 PM
I can't believe it and I'm not complaining !!! thumbsup01
Last summer I got permission to hunt one of oldest house in my town.
It's a farm house just on the out skirts of town.
The first time I went there last year, the mosquitos about carried me off :mad:
So I desided to hit this place early this year, in the spring. :yes:
This place is 125 years old and it has 125 years worth of trash too!! :bangahead01:
But the good news is I found my second and a half silvers for the year!!!! lol
Got another quarter a 1954 and the new years first war nickel :yes: and a few wheat too.
Thanks for lookin' & HH :grin:

Beefcake
03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Sweet quarter! Sounds like a promising site.

Epi-hunter
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Congrats! I love seeing the silver still in the dirt. There is no better sight :)

angellionel
03-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Sweet! Very nice hunt. I love the photos too. thumbsup01

hoser
03-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Sounds like a great site to hunt. Congrats on the silver too. Isn't it great when you look in your plug and see that bright silver shining back at you. Gets the blood pumping don't it. Well done! :yes:

Ill Digger
03-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Sweet! Very nice hunt. I love the photos too. thumbsup01
Thanks !! Look familiar ? lol
I always liked seeing your pictures in the field of the coins still in the dirt . I had to try it.

Congrats! I love seeing the silver still in the dirt. There is no better sight :)

Sounds like a great site to hunt. Congrats on the silver too. Isn't it great when you look in your plug and see that bright silver shining back at you. Gets the blood pumping don't it. Well done! :yes:
Thanks !! I love it to!I had to .
In case I never find another one :huh:
It's looks like a white stripe in the black soil :drool:
Like a Oreo :drool: lol I love 'em both

del
03-16-2010, 02:34 AM
very nice Tim great pictures as well whats the last item :huh: :huh: ( a compact or watch back)

Ill Digger
03-16-2010, 10:42 AM
very nice Tim great pictures as well whats the last item :huh: :huh: ( a compact or watch back)

The last item is a make up compact.
It opens and there's a mirror in the lid.
I tryed to look it up last night but didn't come up with much.
From what I found , its from 1923. I don't know by who or where it comes from .
The lid reads Charme Caressant
Almost everything that popped up when I Googled it is in forign languages :confused:
Thanks for lookin' & HH

coinnut
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice hunt. Where on earth did you ever get that great idea of taking pictures of your silver in the dirt? rofl Nice early Washington. There are going to be some older coins there, based on that 1920 Wheat thumbsup01 Nice compact. It seems to be a face powder compact. The info I found on it was that it is a face powder, possibly @ 1923 and somehow related to a Maurice Bertrand Carrere (1945) who's perfume company started in and never made it out of 1945 lol It is also refered to being produced by Dalon, Paris and Sydney. I'm not sure if Dalon is an earlier version of Maurice's 1945 company. But that's what I got from Google. Here's a link to some info:
http://www.perfumeintelligence.co.uk/library/perfume/c/c9/c9p2.htm

angellionel
03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks !! Look familiar ? lol
I always liked seeing your pictures in the field of the coins still in the dirtThanks !! I love it to! I had to try it.

It does. lol I do like the ones you took. The quarter sure shines in that dirt. :yes:

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Heres a couple of better pics of the compact:

RickO
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice finds.. and that compact is unique... looks like the mirror is intact.... RickO

xzlr8n
03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Lots of nice spring days still to come to hit that place. Looks you have a good opportunity on your hands to find more silver. Congrats on the '54 Washington!!

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice finds.. and that compact is unique... looks like the mirror is intact.... RickO
Thanks Rick....yep the mirror survived...HH :grin: