PDA

View Full Version : My scooter has died - I have collected another scooter

serega
05-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Hi friends :yes:
A few days ago - my scooter honda dio 18 died (a lot of breakdowns and worn metal :white:usaflag::
I do not have to ride a scooter at my hunting ground, the awful, my life has no meaning, no hunting for ancient coins >:tongue:
I sat down and began to think to buy another scooter? We in Ukraine is worth an average 500 or 600$ :confused:
no
I expressed the other varint. |:cheering:
I went to the dump and bought this scooter - Yamaha NEXT ZONE for $ 60 :blackeye:
But it does not work, there is no exhaust, wheels and engine parts there are a lot of brokenness ... Plastic it was broken in many places. 8/
I took $ 100 and went to buy new parts for scooter :stretcher:
In the end, I bought
1) Front Shocks
2) Brake Pads
3) Brake cables, gas
3) Wheel
4) a cylinder, the piston
5) Seals
6) The variator assembly
7) Oil
8) Hoses
9) Candle
10) black ink
11) Exhaust Pipe (Taiwan) 12 ) battery 12 v
I disassembled an old scooter and began the process of intensive care ...
Here is a picture as I did. :beerbuddy:

serega
05-23-2012, 06:09 AM
Dismantle it in pieces <}

serega
05-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Engine re-born
:clapping:

serega
05-23-2012, 06:19 AM
That's all :yes:
Scooter is ready (the engine running like new, refurbished plastic)
total
I spent $ 160 and have a very good scooter for ezy to hunt for coins
Scooter powerful fast and I'm happy :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Good job, Serega! I bow to your mechanical skills! |:confused:)

angellionel
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
That is an amazing job Serega. |:cheering: I would be completely and utterly lost starting with the first photo. lol Glad to see that you once again have a means of getting to your hunting spots. :yes:

CODY
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Why to go! Now, lets see those coins!

serega
05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Good job, Serega! I bow to your mechanical skills! |:confused:)

Thank you, Tony :beerbuddy:
Previously, it was my job (I worked as a mechanic moto)
Now it's my hobby. (repair tuning) :smitten:
This job is killing my nerves and I resolutely to quit
It is very difficult to work with people 14 -18 years (the main mass of customers) 8/
They are, after repairs, often do not follow the rules (speed \:hammer: ) and then there were problemma.

serega
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
That is an amazing job Serega. |:cheering: I would be completely and utterly lost starting with the first photo. lol Glad to see that you once again have a means of getting to your hunting spots. :yes:

Yes angellionel , it was a terrible scooter, <}
:beerbuddy:

pulltabsteve
05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Awesome job Serega!! :clapping: Its a great feeling taking something that someone tossed to the dumps and bringing it back to life with your 2 hands and knowledge |:cheering: Im the mechanic on a golf course and I work with quite a few people from the Ukraine. Yuri, Oleg, Serge, Michali, igor plus some others. They are all very mechanically inclined. Great people! Smart, funny and very helpful. Good luck with your new scooter. :perfect10:

serega
05-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Awesome job Serega!! :clapping: Its a great feeling taking something that someone tossed to the dumps and bringing it back to life with you 2 hands and knowledge |:cheering: Im the mechanic on a golf course and I work with quite a few people from the Ukraine. Yuri, Oleg, Serge, Michali, igor plus some others. They are all very mechanically inclined. Great people! Smart, funny and very helpful. Good luck with your new scooter. :perfect10:

Yes, the engineers in Ukraine, we have :yes:
Remember the Soviet weapons? Nuclear missiles Satan :beatdown: :shocked03: - Or tanks t 80.
gathers them in Ukraine (east) :yes:
Unfortunately, in Soviet times, we have spent his strength long weapons, but did a lousy cars (square) 8/
No one wanted to change the old technology ... :dontknow:

My first scooter I have repaired in 14 years, it was a Honda-flash 1985 edition. :beerbuddy:

Fire Fighter 43
05-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice job on the repairs, now you can concentrate on Treasure hunting, ride safe.

Rob L
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Great job Serega. The motor looks brand new. It should be able to get you to a lot of detecting sites, with good finds.

jkress
05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
:shocked04: Fantastic job serega. :peace:
Your building/repair skills are top notch. |:confused:)

I hope you are rewarded for your hard work with a spectacular find on your next hunt. :beerbuddy: