PDA

View Full Version : Tot lot keeper - my first gold ring!!!

mdakin
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
So, I started detecting in 2008, I didn't get my first silver jewelry until well into 2009. After I broke the silver seal I seemed to get at last 5-6 pieces of silver jewelry a year. It wasn't until 2011 that I finally broke the gold seal and found my first piece of gold, a small child's bracelet at a tot lot. A short while later I found a gold pendant. Moving ahead into 2012 last month I ended up finding my first gold of the year, a partial gold crucifix. The top part where it would be on a chain was broken away. A week later I found a 5 year anniversary pin that had a 14k gold logo on it. I was thinking this year was going pretty well.

Fast forward to this month, after work I hit a tot lot I had driven past while picking up something by the local airport. It looked like it would be a pretty nice lot. Well, it definitely had been hit before given the amount of targets I found. Perhaps $2-$3 in change mostly all newer drops. However right near the bottom of a slide just off to the right side, on the surface was a nice fresh drop, a 10k child's ring with a purple amethyst in it. This thing is puny, it barely fits my 3 year old daughter's ring finger!! However, it is my first gold ring and I'm pretty happy. It also brings my gold total for this year up to 3!!!

And no, I'm not going to give it to my 3 year old right now!! :)

Enjoy

dalewestaby
05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice! Thats one heck of a ring! I went to 3 tot lots today and every single one was hit before me! :( Looks like im going to have to chance it out of town and see if any havent been hit yet

PL8MAN
05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
That is one nice ring thumbsup01

jkress
05-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Congrats mdakin. Looks like you are right... this is going to be a very good year for you. :yes: :clapping:

I need to start focusing on some of the gold out there. I have one 14k necklace to my name. crying01 Need to start
going after some low tones. :yes:

Like you I have a 3 year old. :smitten: Several of the silver rings I have found are too small for her fingers. :confused:

Quoting PL8MAN... That is one nice ring. :peace:

mike l
05-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Thats a nice chunk of gold :twirlingeyes:. I have to start digging those low tones! :yes:

aloldstuff
05-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Very nice gold ring. Looks like I should start hitting tot lots.

CODY
05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Nice, congrats! |:cheering:

Jeff (or)
05-24-2012, 04:05 PM
That is a terrific find! Congrats!!! :cool:

Fire Fighter 43
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Great find!! congrats on getting the GOLD, WTG |:cheering:

tech125
05-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Sweet gold ring, gotta love them tot lots..... :clapping: