PDA

View Full Version : Last day at the swim club

kurt
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Since Friday is the first day of the Memorial day weekend,it was the last day I had to detect at my friend's swim club. :( Started March 12, 2012 and finished today. My total's are 525 total clad and memorials,plus: 2 large cents, one 1819 [both given to the owner] :peace:,12 wheats, 6 war nickels,4 Mercury dimes [1940 earliest], 18 Roosevelts,[1946 earliest] and 4 Washington quarters [1956 earliest]. All the silver were on their edge and most were under a root. I covered about 40% of the swim club, spending most of my time in the area I dubbed the silver field. I programed my e-tac to ignore the Penny signals, the ones I dug were usually next to a nickel or dime. I found one thin gold chain and that was the result of being in the same hole as a clad quarter. I started by using the auvio headphones but had trouble pinpointing, so I changed to my Liberty headphones and that problem disappeared. I discovered that silver was easier to detect after a rain storm, when the ground was wet. My buddy Jack worked the first 2 weeks with me and found 4 silver dimes a 1 Washington Quarter, but then went home. While metal detecting yesterday I had a visitor. A small red fox came over to see what I was doing. It stayed about 50 feet away, then laid down on the grass and fell asleep. I let it be and moved in another direction.
On Tuesday I start detecting private homes, I have a list of 15 that I have gathered. The oldest one is 1740 and the newest 1940. I can't wait. I love my e-trac.
I'll return to the swim club the Tuesday after Labor Day thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
:shocked04: Man! The old swim club sounds awesome!
Congrats on the finds you guys made! :clapping: Sweet!
Will you be able to return after the swimming season? :confused: lol

milco
05-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a great spot, good luck goin back!

CODY
05-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Sweet! Congrats!

kurt
05-25-2012, 08:24 AM
I have permission to return after Labor day.

Tony Two-Cent
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
That's some great hunting, right there! :happydance01:

Love the story about the fox. I bet that was neat to see. :yes:

Fire Fighter 43
05-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds like agreat place to hunt, congrats on all your finds. I bet you can't wait until fall so you can finish the other 60%.

aloldstuff
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
That's some great hunting. Really hope you can do the other 60%. Seems you got a very wide variety of coins, congrats

kurt
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Thank you for all your comments. Seeing the fox was really cool. In the 1980's I was detecting around an old homesite in Utah, near the Green River and a beaver came up behind me and ate my lunch, which I had put near the stream. Now that was funny... rofl
I had a salesman come to my house today and during our talk it came up that he lived in a 1725 farmhouse. I am going to detect his house next week !!! We made a deal: he keeps all the jewelry I find and I can keep the coins.

jkress
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
:shocked04: :drool: :drool: :drool:
You guys cleaned up at the swim club. :clapping: Congrats on all the great keepers.

Good luck on your house sites.