PDA

View Full Version : MADE A NEW DISPLAY CASE

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2010, 03:10 PM
no work today and had some scrap wood laying in back room.
decided i'm gonna buid me another display case.
only problem i had was cutting some old glass.never been able to do it and today failed as well.scrap that idea. :bangahead01:
i had a picture frame laying around with glass in it so i decided to use pic frame as the top not really likin the gold laminated frame but,nothing i could really do.it's like a gold coated press board frame.i couldn't even sand it and stain it if i wanted to. :crying02:
stained the sides and bottom.added hinges to pic frame and...VOILA! thumbsup01
had thick foam and fabric.added real glass handles on the side as a accent.came out ok i guess.
below are all my cellar hole finds and coins from the last 2 seasons.or is it 1 1/2 seasons? :confused:
these are just my cellar hole finds in these displays.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
last set of pics

del
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
very nice job Dave thumbsup01 , thats starting to look like my detecting room down stairs lol lol
filled displays all over the place ;)

Rusthunter
03-16-2010, 05:39 PM
looks really good. If you dont have room in your case for all those large coppers I guess I can make some room in mine for them.

coinnut
03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Dude, next time you need some glass cut, I have this tiny glass cutter rofl It should do the trick ;) Plus I have about 100 panes of glass, that I've scavenged from their demise. Nice box. If you can't handle the frame color, you could probably lightly sand it and apply latex paint over it. But it looks ok to me. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Dude, next time you need some glass cut, I have this tiny glass cutter rofl It should do the trick ;) Plus I have about 100 panes of glass, that I've scavenged from their demise. Nice box. If you can't handle the frame color, you could probably lightly sand it and apply latex paint over it. But it looks ok to me. thumbsup01

yeah G next time ya come down stick that in yer back pocket rofl.i'd like to use it! thumbsup01
cool picture on your wall there.love the edging on it.very cool! 8)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
very nice job Dave thumbsup01 , thats starting to look like my detecting room down stairs lol lol
filled displays all over the place ;)

i can only imagine what your detecting room looks like after 10 yrs of cellar hole hunting :drool:

sniffy
03-16-2010, 07:19 PM
yeah.....well......I got a box to ya know. lol...way to get crafty dave!

coinnut
03-16-2010, 07:25 PM
yeah G next time ya come down stick that in yer back pocket rofl.i'd like to use it! thumbsup01
cool picture on your wall there.love the edging on it.very cool! 8)

Come on Dave, don't be a woos lol You can walk up here, it ain't that far :rolleyes: You could detect along the way and film it - Dave's detecting journey. :poke: :poke: I'll need a bigger back pocket for that one though. As for the picture - I bought that at a mall about 25 years ago. I liked the shape too, plus all them naked people, after the world came to an end, was a plus too lol

del
03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
yeah G next time ya come down stick that in yer back pocket rofl.

you tell him Dave lol lol i'd suggest putting it in a pouch but we've seen how he loses things in pouches huh. rofl rofl :tongue:

SeabeeRon
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Really nice craftmanship Dave!! :yes:

coinnut
03-16-2010, 09:39 PM
you tell him Dave lol lol i'd suggest putting it in a pouch but we've seen how he loses things in pouches huh. rofl rofl :tongue:

rofl stop beating a dead horse.... I didn't lose it, it broke lol Get over it ;)..... :smitten:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-16-2010, 09:51 PM
rofl stop beating a dead horse.... I didn't lose it, it broke lol Get over it ;)..... :smitten:

broke lol. he can't tie a knot thats what it is rofl :poke:

coinnut
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
broke lol. he can't tie a knot thats what it is rofl :poke:

I'll show you a knot lol the next time you are up this way :yes: :poke: :poke:

RickO
03-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice display case... worked well with the picture frame. The way you guys go after each other on the forum, it must be a real party after a few beers... lol RickO

coinnut
03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
The way you guys go after each other on the forum, it must be a real party after a few beers... lol RickO

Yep Rick, we're just like children, well except for the beer part lol Angel and Angie are like baby sitters rofl

tanacat
04-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow great display case- I love the blue felt liner! Looks like Colorado blue sky :smitten:

greg
01-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Real nice stuff you have in them :envious:

Evan/tn
01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I like the display case you made
Nothing makes a great find look even better than a nice case to display it in 8)