PDA

View Full Version : BUFFALO!

pulltabsteve
05-26-2012, 12:44 PM
And not the nickel :) Mike and I were driving along a country road out east and out of the corner of my eye I saw them. In the 35 years I've been driving the eastern end of Long Island I NEVER saw any buffalo on the island. Pretty cool!

Mike and I spent 7 hours out east today. We met up with a contact we made to detect a fairly old house. He's a town historian and just got into detecting. He has a Whites Prizm 6T so we showed him how to use it and off he went. We all got some silver :beerbuddy: He had a blast. He also knows alot of old spots, late 1600s old spots thumbsup01 and being the historian he said he'll be able to get us on the properties :yes:

We also got permission to an old apple orchard. ITS HUGE! Unfortunatly, its so overgrown. Once the fall weather comes, and the ticks and growth die off, we'll have tons of fresh spots. Till then, we'll be hitting our local schools, ballfields and parks. |:cheering:

CODY
05-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Congrats! Sounds Great! Can't wait to see what comes out of these places.

del
05-26-2012, 03:23 PM
hey i thought you were a Rangers fan not a buffalo fan :teasing: jumping ship now that the Rangers lost to the Devils?? lol

jst think never has there been buffalo on the island before , so it must have been a sight to see :shocked04:stretcher: hey i hope the new sites prove to be great ones Steve .

Dan

jkress
05-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Very nice pictures Steve. :yes:

You are always on the trail of a new site. :yes: :clapping: |:confused:) Sorry to hear about the apple orchard. Once the growth dies
down hopefully you guys will do very well there. :-> Recently I checked out a site that once held a late 1800's hotel
and saloon. The grass was much too tall to work it effectively. crying01

Glad to hear the 'historian' picked up some silver. It is probably a day he'll remember for a very long time.

Best of luck on your next hunt. :)

tanacat
06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Wow Steve that is so exciting! :clapping: Great pics |:cheering: Congrats on everyone finding silver, that sounds like a neat place to hunt!

We had a fair size herd of buffalo here in Kentucky (Red River Gorge nature sanctuary) not sure if they are still here... I always felt sorry for them because the enclosure was small, just a few acres, not near enough for naturally roaming nomadic beasts...

Made me remember my husband and I were camping in Yellowstone about 10 yrs ago and he got mad at me for gettting toooo close, I was trying to take a pic of a lone buffalo. It was so calm, I found myself getting closer and closer mesmerized by it lol They can't really be trusted, lucky I didn't get gored :cheesysmile:

Thanks for sharing your story!