PDA

View Full Version : WORLDS SMALLEST COLONIAL SHOE BUCKLE & buttons out the wazoo!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-26-2012, 05:14 PM
met up with FastFrank today back to a cellar hole that him and paul dug quite a few buttons & Paul got a king george copper.
today was button day!never dug so many buttons in one hunt in my life.all plain one piece.it's a wonder these people kept clothes on their backs rofl
got a nice ornate something with a eagle head.had no clue until i cleaned it which was a nice suprise :shocked03: and I think I may have dug the worlds smallest colonial shoe buckle.(the capped bust dime is for size comparison,) never seen a harp backmark on a button yet.have you Dan?
was hazy,hot & oh soo humid.but always worth the sweat when hunting with Frank.thanks man!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
more pics

del
05-26-2012, 05:22 PM
very cool looking relics Dave , the little rnate buckle is a knee buckle ( the anchor shaped Chape is the give away) a very nice looking piece :loveit:. the eagle headed item is very intrieging though. hey congrats on getting out with Frank and Paul and of course the finds . |:cheering: |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-26-2012, 05:49 PM
very cool looking relics Dave , the little rnate buckle is a knee buckle ( the anchor shaped Chape is the give away) a very nice looking piece :loveit:. the eagle headed item is very intrieging though. hey congrats on getting out with Frank and Paul and of course the finds . |:cheering: |:cheering:

so it was a childs Knee buckle i'm assuming? no clue on the eagle thing Dan? notice the hole in beak where something was attached?

CODY
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Very nice finds, congrats!

Fire Fighter 43
05-26-2012, 09:40 PM
:wow: those are some nice looking relics and a a lot of buttons. Congrats on a nice hunt, WTG |:cheering:

jkress
05-27-2012, 01:21 AM
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Definitely many early targets to go after. :clapping: Button heaven for sure.

As always... great post, awesome pictures and fantastic keepers. :beerbuddy:

pulltabsteve
05-27-2012, 03:27 AM
I love that buckle Dave! Very unique. 30+ buttons is awesome!!! Fantastic spot you got there. |:cheering:

sniffy
05-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Now how could an experienced detectorist mistake that for a shoe buckle....slipping

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Now how could an experienced detectorist mistake that for a shoe buckle....slipping

it happens to the best of us >:tongue:

skrapman
05-27-2012, 03:04 PM
That was one nice hunt, I really like the eagle head piece. I would love to be able to pull all those artifacts out of my wazoo rofl |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
05-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Those buttons found in the same area? ....like a dump of sorts? Nice hunting Dave :cheesysmile:

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Those buttons found in the same area? ....like a dump of sorts? Nice hunting Dave :cheesysmile:

no not really.just scattered all over around cellar hole.maybe they had lice and burnt all their clothes/ i don't know :confused: or his wife was a bad seamtress :cheesysmile:

milco
05-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Great finds, those buttons/buckles are cool, good luck on future hunts there!

05-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Nice hunt!! Awesome buckle! This is one of my favorite colonial buckles, this small one, not as small as yours. ....HH.... Scott