PDA

View Full Version : knee replacement surgery

kurt
05-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Has anyone had knee replacement surgery and still metal detect? If yes, how has it affected you? How soon were you able to detect again?

CODY
05-26-2012, 10:41 PM
I have had two knee scopes. One on each knee. My left one is killing me now. I know I probably need a replacement. But......I am going to put it off till I can't get up off the ground. Errrrrrr which I'm not far from I'm afraid. Good luck with whatever you decide.

POKIE73
05-27-2012, 05:50 AM
i myself need a replacment but i am reluctant some do well others not so good you have a50 50 chance but even with one there are ways to still detect i cannot get on my knees to dig i carry a 6 gallon bucket with a ice fishing seat on it and use it when i dig dennis

CTDirtFisher
05-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I was down to a hunt in Long Island 45 days ago and there was a guy there detecting that had his knee replaced 53 days earlier... He was doing good and happy to be able to detect again...

He said that his rehab was inpatient and it was the best decision he made for good and fast recovery...

Paul

kurt
05-27-2012, 05:37 PM
I have had both knees scoped. My left knee is very painful, in fact I need to dig with a small shovel since I can't kneel any longer. I've sharpened the edge so I can leave as little an impact on the ground as possible. But it bother's me that I can't kneel, in fact I am seriously considering giving up detecting.

Rob L
05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
A friend of mine had his knee replaced. He's 72yrs old. Everything is wrong with him, honestly. But he was walking one week after. His Doc told him to take it easy. That was a year ago. You can,t tell by the way he walks that he has had a knee replaced. But its still not like having your own knee. You have to learn how to do things differently. But I guess its a lot better than having pain every day, all day.

CODY
05-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Wow Kurt. I hate the idea of anyone giving up the hobby. Although, I know my day will be coming also. I think I will try to enlist the aid of one of the grand kids or a niece or nephew. Maybe when the time comes I can either pay them, or make them feel sorry for me. Hahaha.