PDA

View Full Version : Triple Silver and a 100 year old Nickel

aloldstuff
05-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Seeing that my detecting buddies had other plans for today, I went back to the park that is all torn up. I noticed that a lot of the dirt from the pile had been spread around. Got 3 silvers, 1943 s, 1944 merc and a 1951 d rosie. Also got 3 wheats all from the forties. The V nickel is a 1912, it's missing the s though. That is my 1st V for this year and the reverse was really nice while the obverse was pretty caked up. I have it soaking in worcestershire sauce so hopefully the obverse will come out ok.

If time permits I will be hitting the park again. I ran in Coin and Jewelery today so the next visit will be in the Hi-pro program.

Thanks for reading and heres hoping that everyone has a great Memorial Day.

CODY
05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
:wow: Congrats on some awesome finds! Still looking for my first V. Heres hopeing you get back for some more! |:cheering:

MassDirtFisher
05-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Way to go Al, Congrats on some great diggs!!! Nice looking silvers!! Happy Hunting!!

Ill Digger
05-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Hopefully time permits for a return trip Al!
Love finding those V's :yes: thumbsup01
Maybe it's a good thing the others couldn't make it.... >8) lol
Great hunt!
Congrats! :grin:

pulltabsteve
05-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Nice Al! Great score on todays hunt <:

dalewestaby
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Wow, geat finds. 3 silvers for a day is a great day

OxShoeDrew
05-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I only have one V to my credit.....and never dug three silvers. |:confused:)

Fire Fighter 43
05-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Nice digs Al and congrats on the silver |:cheering:

milco
05-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Way to score on the park tear up, park construction projects = silver! WTG!

Rob L
05-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Congrats on the silver Al. The V nickel looks pretty good. I,ve got two but they are pretty beat up. For some reason V nickels don't seam to come out of the ground very good. The silver top comes off and you are left with a rusty looking coin. Congrats again on the good hunt.

aloldstuff
05-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Wow, geat finds. 3 silvers for a day is a great day

That is my most and I have only done it one other time, was sure hoping for #4.

Love finding those V's
Maybe it's a good thing the others couldn't make it....
Great hunt!

Yeah I might not have gotten all the silver lol

Tony Two-Cent
05-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Three silvers and a V Nickel in one hunt would put a smile on my face every time! Great hunt, Al!

Yeah, I don't know what it is with V Nickels but they never seem to come out of the ground looking very nice. I consider it a bonus if they are identifiable and have a legible date.

Good job on the nice recovery! :clapping:

aloldstuff
05-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Three silvers and a V Nickel in one hunt would put a smile on my face every time! Great hunt, Al!

Yeah, I don't know what it is with V Nickels but they never seem to come out of the ground looking very nice. I consider it a bonus if they are identifiable and have a legible date.

Good job on the nice recovery! :clapping:

Last year when I found 3 V's in one hole they must have been in good soil. I have also gotten 3 IH from this place and none of them were crusty.

What, no mention of the avatar.......

Tony Two-Cent
05-28-2012, 08:08 AM
What, no mention of the avatar.......

I was very disappointed to see that you had posted an avatar photo. Now I don't have anything to tease you about! :poke:

Ha ha, just kidding, Al! Congrats on the finds AND the avatar photo! thumbsup01

jkress
05-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Three silver day... <: You did very well in that dirt pile. :clapping:
Congrats on the V too.

Cheap Thrills
05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
|:cheering:Awesome Al , I'm wondering if I'll ever see a 3 silver day again .