PDA

View Full Version : lunch time silver ring

skrapman
05-27-2012, 03:00 PM
On Thursday I was working at an old house (unsure of age ,but post and beam in basement and new upstairs), Ive done work here
before so I know the homeowners so I had no problem getting permission to detect. At lunch time I detected out behind the house
between three trees that would offer some shade. I hit a signal in the mid sixties at 7.5. dug a deep plug,still in the hole( I love that) dug a bit deeper and found this nice keeper. It had to be a womans ring due to it's size. Im assuming the stone is turquoise but I am no expert. Inside on the band it's marked FP with an arrow through it,must be the maker. Didnt find much else due to time
limitations,but next week we are going back. The property used to be a dairy farm. thanks for looking, mike

MassDirtFisher
05-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Congrats on a sweet piece of silver!! Great find Mike, Happy Hunting!!

OxShoeDrew
05-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Great find.....do you now what the stone is? :huh:

Fire Fighter 43
05-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Sweet looking ring, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
05-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Thats a great looking ring and who ever lost it probably cried. Great find, hope the future hunts are just as good.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
stone looks Turquoise and probably mexican .nice job

Ill Digger
05-27-2012, 11:13 PM
stone looks Turquoise and probably mexican .nice job
I agree with HMN. The stone looks to be turquous. It could also be native American silver. Thats what it kinda reminds me of :dontknow:
All I know is , is thats a sweet, sweet find! thumbsup01 :clapping:
Congrats! :grin:

CODY
05-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Nice ring! I'm gonna guess Navajo or Hopi. Found a braclet not long ago. The ring reminds me of it. The FP with the arrow through it is going to be the hallmark, (maker). You can find out who this is with a little research on the net. You might have to send one of the sites a picture, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Congrats on a great find.

skrapman
05-28-2012, 06:35 AM
[quote=CODY link=topic=10146.msg112754#msg112754 date=1338196732]
Nice ring! I'm gonna guess Navajo or Hopi. Found a braclet not long ago. The ring reminds me of it. The FP with the arrow through it is going to be the hallmark, (maker). You can find out who this is with a little research on the net. You might have to send one of the sites a picture, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Congrats on a great find.
[/quo
Thanks for the info everyone. Cody I remember that braclet you found..SWEET I never gave much thought that the ring was indian
but the silver is not as pure as sterling (lower vid) the arrow in the makers mark and a turquoise stone.When I get some time I
will search the markers mark.

skrapman
05-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Just got an email from my hunting partner who is very knowledgable about gem stones and minerals. His opinion is spider web
turquoise. Never heard of it but sounds good to me.

jkress
05-28-2012, 09:45 AM
It a very nice looking ring skrapman. :clapping: Congrats.

A little info...

Fred Peshlakai was a Navajo silversmiths who made jewelry mainly between 1920s-1950s. He was one of the first silversmiths to hallmark his works. This piece is a silver ring with a great piece of turquoise. It is stamped FP with an arrow going through it.

http://theurbantreasurehunter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products _id=111

CODY
05-28-2012, 02:00 PM

A little info...

Fred Peshlakai was a Navajo silversmiths who made jewelry mainly between 1920s-1950s. He was one of the first silversmiths to hallmark his works. This piece is a silver ring with a great piece of turquoise. It is stamped FP with an arrow going through it.

http://theurbantreasurehunter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products _id=111

Well, there you go. WTG Joe! Congrats on the find!

skrapman
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM

A little info...

Thank you so much for the link, you nailed it. I am wicked happy. my girls even happier the ring fits her! :girlcry: