PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Texas!

accuweather
05-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Everyone, My name is Mike and I am from Laredo,Tx. Been out of the hobby for many years and just getting back to it again. Hope to make new friends and learn new things here.

Mike

del
05-27-2012, 11:49 PM
hello Mike from Laredo , welcome to American Detectorist and back to the hobby . whats the machine your swinging??

Dan

aloldstuff
05-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and that your back into the hobby. Are you a relic hunter or a coinshooter?

Mudder
05-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Hi Mike, Glad that you were able to find and join us. There are a great bunch of guys and girls here who have a wealth of information to share. Welcome aboard.

OxShoeDrew
05-28-2012, 07:18 AM
...As I walked down the streets of Laredo... I love that tune. :grin: Welcome from CT, where our state song is Yankee Doodle ....which would be better if they changed it to Redsox Doodle :)

Lowjiber
05-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby from southern Nevada.

Fire Fighter 43
05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello Mike, Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad to see you made it back to this great hobby and I'm looking forward to your input
Jeff

Tony Two-Cent
05-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Welcome from Illinois! I hope you are having some successful hunts after returning to the hobby.

Glad to have you here! :beerbuddy:

jkress
06-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome from Iowa accuweather. Great to have you here. :clapping:
Glad you are back in the hobby. thumbsup01

CODY
06-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and finds.

tanacat
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome from Kentucky!

This is definately a good place to learn and make friends too :groovy:

John Boy
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Hey Mike, welcome back. I'm originally from Devine, TX. Currently reside in Mesquite. I've been out of it for a while also do to health, but am a member of a club and am slowly getting to it again. John

Bandit
09-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Mike, I am from Eagle Pass, Tx and new to the site. I am looking for my first metal detector, I dont know if you are familiar with the garret ace 350, I was looking to go to the dry parts of lake Amistad and its mostly rocks. could you give me some advise if this detector is good for that terrain.
Thanks

cactusrat
09-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Mike, I am from Eagle Pass, Tx and new to the site. I am looking for my first metal detector, I dont know if you are familiar with the garret ace 350, I was looking to go to the dry parts of lake Amistad and its mostly rocks. could you give me some advise if this detector is good for that terrain.
Thanks

Seen this post after I asked where you from. Anyway, I think the ace 250 would be a better detector for hunting in the rocks. It is set up with a smaller coil. With the 100 bucks you save on the acce 250, you could put towards a Pro Pinter.

I won’t hunt dry land without the pin pointer.

accuweather
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
hello Mike from Laredo , welcome to American Detectorist and back to the hobby . whats the machine your swinging??

Dan

Hi Dan, sorry for the late response. Right now I have an Ace 250 and still have my old trusty GTA 1000 which i bought back in 92.

Dan

accuweather
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry for the late response everyone but I really appreciate everyone making me feel at home. I hope to make new friends and will start posting some of my finds. Right now I am in the process of getting a club started and hope to get it up and running before the end of the year. Right now, I have two detectors, I have a Garret Ace 250 and a Garrett GTA 1000 which still works since I bought it back in 1992. Well again thanks for the warm welcome and will make it a habit of posting and putting up pics of my finds. Take care everyone.

Mike

JTGOLD
12-28-2012, 10:20 PM
welcome from central Illinois and welcome back to the hobby.