PDA

View Full Version : Fun weekend

pulltabsteve
05-28-2012, 02:06 PM
On Saturday Mike and I hit that old house on church property out east with the town historian. We all found silver. Late yesterday we decided to hit another old house on church property thats less that 5 miles from home. Here I found a rosie and the 1940 Canadian quarter. Its 80% silver. As we were detecting the front yard I saw a woman across the street walking her dog and giving us the look. After about 4 looks back I waved and she waved back. About 10 minutes later shes back and walks up to me and says, Can you tell me what your doing? The way she asked it seemed like she was going to give us a hard time, but I was wrong. She said she saw us in the back yard a few times and was fascinated by what we were doing. She said she lives next door. I asked how old her house was and she says it was built in 1907 and has always been in her family. :clapping: I asked if anyones ever detected it? She said NO |:confused:) She remembers her Dad picking up arrow heads from the back yard when she was a kid. :peace: I asked if Mike and I could detect it. We will be going there either Saturday or Sunday :happydance01: <: |:cheering:
Enjoy the BBQs today everyone!

aloldstuff
05-28-2012, 02:25 PM
That is really nice getting another house to detect just by detecting another house. Some nice finds and can't wait to see whats at the new house.

CODY
05-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Very nice finds. And good luck on your future hunt.

Cheap Thrills
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Man , your on a lucky streak with getting all these new spots to hunt . Best of luck on those upcoming hunts . Nice going on your finds . |:cheering:

pulltabsteve
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Man , your on a lucky streak with getting all these new spots to hunt . Best of luck on those upcoming hunts . Nice going on your finds . |:cheering:

Honestly, I haven't asked for permission to too many spots in the past. I'm not a big fan of rejection. But you never know unless you try. Out of 10 or so recent requests Mike and I have asked for, we got 1 stern no. Not a bad ratio. |:cheering:

Woody420
05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
You guys are cleaning up!!! Keep asking....its working! congrats on the silver Steve!! |:cheering:

DennisH
05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Great hunt!!!!

Fire Fighter 43
05-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the silver and a nice overall hunt, WTG |:cheering:

mike l
05-29-2012, 10:52 PM
That house does look sweet, I can only imagine whats hiding there :drool: and never detected :twirlingeyes:

jkress
05-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Very nice bunch of keepers Steve. :peace: Especially the silver. Love the Canadian :smitten: , I just found my first
one a month or so ago.

I asked if anyones ever detected it? She said NO |:confused:) She remembers her Dad picking up arrow heads from the back yard when she was a kid. :peace:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :-> Best of luck there. thumbsup01

Enjoy the BBQs today everyone!

Flag was half staff until noon and I fired up the grill. :yes: Grilled sirloin sandwiches for everyone that showed up. :drool:

milco
05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
A great hunt, WTG on getting approved for your next site!