PDA

View Full Version : Externial display light

carl2112
05-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Has anyone seen or built some sort of light you can mount to your MD that would illuminate your display for night detecting. I've been thinking about a couple different designs and just plan to rubber band it to my machine. But if anyone else has already done this or if they sell something like that already it would be good to know.

elkameno59
06-02-2012, 03:35 PM
thinking about the same thing- a small LED light from harbor-freight will work fine, I just used blue painter tape to hold in place. it works and sure is cheap. on the top I used a small piece of metal and then the LED light. or try harbor freight.com and look at lot #45807 and place that on the MD instead of your head- I tried that and it worked fair. I forgot to take a picture of that . Right now I'm using a baseball type hat with LED's built into the front of the bill of the hat. so far so good. :thinkingabout:

roamingusa
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I think as much as it cost they should have added a light button, when i get some time im going to build one too. I'll post what i come up with thumbsup01

milco
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I use these two LED lights. The larger one is fastened to my detector with velcro tie straps and lights up the ground around my coil real nice, the other one clips on to the bill of a baseball cap. In the colder temps I will use a headlamp with elastic band that goes around my stocking cap. Needless this to say this type of get up makes me look like a weird MDing freak to outsiders! lol
LED worklights are by a company called Triplett.

KennyD
11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
My GTI has a sweet backlit display. Its come in handy more than a few times...