PDA

View Full Version : external mounted display light

carl2112
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Has anyone seen or built some sort of light you can mount to your MD that would illuminate your display for night detecting. I've been thinking about a couple different designs and just plan to rubber band it to my machine. But if anyone else has already done this or if they sell something like that already it would be good to know.
Sorry I posted this under the garrett topic but wasn't sure how to move it so I'm reposting here

CODY
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I statrted with a Fisher F4. No Backlite. I carried a small minnie mag lite with a red lens cover. I went by sounds on the detector. At night, I only dig the high tones. When it hit on something, then I would turn on the light and see what it was reading. Now I have a Fisher F75 Ltd SE. It has a constant backlite. At night I cover it with red plastic because its too bright.

p52ntwrk
06-04-2012, 09:24 PM
hi there, i use a cheap led head light that has four modes including low visibility red led mode.

just dont like so illuminate more than i have to.

i suppose you can attach an led flashlight to the pole of your md but the head lamp is better since it is always pointing where your eyes are looking. thumbsup01