PDA

View Full Version : metal detecting injurys

carl2112
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I know this might sound stupid but has anyone gotten injured MDing. Cause I spent the last two days hittin the dirt pretty hard and without any rain this stuffs like concert. Well my big toe on my one leg is killing me of course its my leg I bend down on. Has anyone else had this happen cause today I can barely walk

BOWSER
05-29-2012, 08:52 PM
That's pretty interesting but i'm under physicratric care because of poor finds. >{

carl2112
05-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes I'm suffering from poor finds as well I guess it would make the pain a little more bearable if there was an awesome treasure to go with my injury but I found about $6 in clad and some trinket jewelry. Very disappointing weekend

fyrffytr1
05-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I have had my feelings hurt on many occasions when my hunting partners out do me! crying01 Seriously, I am so old I don't know if I suffer a detecting injury or just an everyday pain!

Lowjiber
05-30-2012, 06:08 AM
I didn't have my glove on the hand I was using to reach in the hole, and an edge of an old tin can decided to remind me of why I should have had it on.

Couple of those butterfly bandages and a tetanus shot and I was reminded again. :rolleyes:

CyberSage
05-30-2012, 07:09 AM
When I first started, before I used Atlas Nitrile 370 Gloves , I cut up my finger pretty bad on a rusty nail. Like John, I got a tetanus shot, and three steri-strips later... :stretcher: I was back hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I refuse to acknowledge my metal detecting related ailments. :lipssealed:

CODY
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree with fyrffytr1. I'm old! When I wake up in the morning and something dosen't hurt...........I think something is wrong. Lets see if I can remember a few. Sore wrist from trying to dig in too hard of dirt, sore knees, sore back, sketters, redbugs, ticks, sore right arm, limb scratches from not watching where I was going. But, nothing major.

pulltabsteve
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Another reason to wear gloves :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
05-30-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't have enough time to respond to this post properly..............

CyberSage
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM

What the heck kind of spider is that Steve? :shocked03:

EDIT: I figured it out... trapdoor spider :omg:

CODY
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM

Holy crap Steve!!!!! I'd still be stomping that thing!!!!!

tanacat
06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
:shocked03: Holy moly initially that looks like a rare button or some kind of Egyptian relic.

Amen to the gloves!!! I don't think that guy would like to be man-handled... I don't like the big centipedes!

The only injury I've experienced is getting stung on the cheek by a mad bumblebee--- a ground-burrowing mass of them shot out when I pulled up my plug/flap. :blackeye:

But it was a really good deep quarter signal so after the homeowner gave me a pultice of baking soda (a very nice lady in her 90's had been sitting there on the steps talking/watching me dig, witnessed it & sprayed the site with wasp spray), I was persistent & went back several times to dig the clad quarter >:/ lol

Rob L
06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
What you may have is gout on your big toe. Man does your detector detect spiders? If so let me know what type it is,so I'll know not to get that kind. I would have swore that it was a button.