PDA

View Full Version : My CTX 3030 is here, first hunt tomorrow

Fire Fighter 43
05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Well it is here and set up for my first hunt. I've read and reread the manual watched every video I could find and checked out a few other forums. So here is my set-up for those that are interested. Etrac users take note of the many similar settings.

I would like to make a few comments before my first hunt. I have to admit Ive only played around with it for a few hours but Im already in LOVE :smitten: I have never been this excited about a new detector. When I first got the Etrac I was not that impressed with its feel and construction but it's performance won me over. The CTX is a very well built machine and from what the Minelab testers are saying it is also a preformer. I can tell that a lot of thought went into the design. I was alittle intimidated by it before I turned it on but once I started playing with the settings it was easy to figure out. The menu is very intuitive and anyone that uses an Etrac would have no problem making the transition.

I set most of the setting similar to what I had on the Etrac.

I created a new mode using the coin mode as a template.
Adjusted Threshold for my ears and phones that are plugged into the wireless module.
Deep On
Fast Off
Target Trace On
Target Trace Pinpoint On
Manual Sensitivity ( adjusted for conditions) (I always tried to hunt at 25 or higher with the Etrac)
Ferrous Coin ( the site I'm hunting is an old farm house site with lots of iron)
Pinpoint set to sizing
Response Long
Pattern 1 Left alone, so it is the coin pattern
Pattern 2 I left wide open all metal
The user button I set to Sensitivity Panel so I can quickly check what auto is suggesting if the machine gets to unstable.

I will give another report in the next few days.

Ill Digger
05-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll be waiting.... :->
Good luck! thumbsup01......... Like you need it :rolleyes: lol

midas
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Let us know ASAP on the results of you first hunt.
But, I wonder how you'll be able to PINPOINT and DIG a target without the use of a Sunray X1 Probe:huh::huh:

CyberSage
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
He will be using his Garrett pro pointer of course! :smitten:

Good luck with the new machine!

Jack

midas
05-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Jack, the Propointer doesn't discriminate, get over 4 inches depth and give the sound through your headphones. I would never use a handheld after experiencing the DX1 or X1. It's too bad Minelab has killed the 3rd party accessory market by their use of a custom chip.

But, I can't wait for the 1st reports on the 3030 by actual forum members/users.

CyberSage
05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Seems like we had this conversation before Midas. lol