PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Silver Amongst the Iron with Fire Fighter 43

milco
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
I dodged the rain this morning to meet up with Fire Fighter 43 for a couple of hours. It was great to meet up with Jeff and get to know a fellow AD detectorist. I hope we can meet up for future hunts as well. I asked him to meet me at a small lot of land that has given me a WLH, a dozen silver dimes and many wheats in the past several years. The good targets have gotten few and far between as time has gone on, but I was hoping that he could find a few shiny coins amongst all the iron at this site with his E-Trac. So hopefully he chimes in tonight with his finds from this and his other site. I had to cut out early to get back in to work, so I hope he had some luck after I left and he moved on to his site.

Here are my finds digging just about everything I could here in a 30 x 60 foot area. No coins for me today, but I did clean out a lot more iron from this site in the hopes of exposing a few more coins.

CODY
05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
:wow: Thats a pile of scrap! Good luck with your future hunts. HH

jkress
05-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Glad to hear you were able to meet up with Jeff today. :clapping:

You definitely pulled out some interfering metal. :yes: Hopefully you next trip there
will result in some coins just waiting to be found. :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
06-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Now there is some iron! :shocked04:stretcher: What is that bow-looking thing in the lower right?

Glad you were able to meet up with Jeff :clapping:

aloldstuff
06-01-2012, 04:21 AM
You sure did clean out some iron. After all that work hopefully your next trip there will produce the silvers. Glad you were able to meet up with Jeff and hopefully you will get some future hunts together.

milco
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
What is that bow-looking thing in the lower right?

It is a brass decorative bow tie looking item about 2 long. Looks like it was part of some decoration, doll or jewelry or something. I'll have to clean it up and post pictures. It was really deep and in with some nails.

del
06-02-2012, 07:17 AM
wow Milco , that looks like the contents of my last hunt with my tdi ;) , i hope you and Jeff can get out some more

Fire Fighter 43
06-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks again for the invite Darren, I'm sorry I disappointed you by showing up with my CTX. It was the first time out so it was more of an experiment for me. We will defiantly get out again. I enjoyed hunting with you and your enthusiasm for the hobby. You should post that ribbon thingy in the what is it section to see if anyone can ID it.