PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Ho Silver! Finally...

tanacat
03-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Most of you know I'm new to detecting and have only found 1943 nickel and Siam sterling ring, as far as silver goes (w/my Prism IV). But my new XLT found these in an old city park! I'm so happy... 1949 is the year my mom was born- thought I'd make a necklace or keychain for her for Mother's Day. Any suggestions on how to mount them? Prob find at coin collecting stores?

The frog was a keychain- he clicks when you push him... lol

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/101_6281.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/frogtopia/101_6282.jpg

Cheap Thrills
03-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Nice going on the goodies and a special congratulations on your silver quarter . It would be cool if you showed a picture of it after you get it mounted . thumbsup01

Baba

Ill Digger
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Looks like your gettin' the swing of thr XLT. (Pun intended) :rolleyes:
Thats a good idea ,for the mothers day present too. thumbsup01
Nice finds, Congrats & HH :grin:

coinnut
03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
I guess that XLT is bonding with ya, lol Nice silver and I love the frog. I gotta get me a clicking frog too lol Irritate the wife some :yes: Coin places have bezels for mounting as necklaces and probably have info on ring mounts too. they are kinda pricey, but worth it, if it's for a special reason. Nice digs Tana thumbsup01

RickO
03-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Very nice finds Tanacat.... as above, coin bezels, for necklaces, are available at many jewelers and some coin shops. RickO

tanacat
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Very nice finds Tanacat.... as above, coin bezels, for necklaces, are available at many jewelers and some coin shops. RickO

Coin places have bezels for mounting as necklaces and probably have info on ring mounts too. they are kinda pricey, but worth it, if it's for a special reason. Nice digs Tana thumbsup01

Ah, coin 'bezels'... learn something new every day! (haha I learn LOTS on here every day :grin:) Thanks for admiring my finds, it's a start!

I was wondering George, do ya'll have 'main threads' where you all show all of your finds? And post new stuff as you find on your own thread or start new threads for new finds? I'm still learning my way around here. :)

Nice going on the goodies and a special congratulations on your silver quarter . It would be cool if you showed a picture of it after you get it mounted . thumbsup01

Baba

Thanks! Will do... I found one already!

Looks like your gettin' the swing of thr XLT. (Pun intended) :rolleyes:
Thats a good idea ,for the mothers day present too. thumbsup01
Nice finds, Congrats & HH :grin:

Ha ha you are so 'PUNNY lol Thanks for the congrats!

Epi-hunter
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice finds Tana, great silver quarter! And I like the frog too :grin:

del
03-17-2010, 02:46 PM
hey congrats on the silver Tanacat , glad your liking that xlt ( its a fine detector) . great , a clicking frog :rolleyes: now i won't hear
the end of it this weekend from Coinnut on how he has to have one now . lol lol he's so easily amused . :rolleyes: rofl rofl
best of luck making something special for your mom , hope we get a sneak peek .

xzlr8n
03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Nice '49 Washington. Looks like you figured out the XLT pretty good.

angellionel
03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Very nice, Tana! Congrats! There will be more, I'm sure. thumbsup01 You need to move the frog away from the ring... he seems to want to take a bite. lol

coinnut
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I was wondering George, do ya'll have 'main threads' where you all show all of your finds? And post new stuff as you find on your own thread or start new threads for new finds? I'm still learning my way around here. :)

No, we just make new posts everytime we go out. If we find something great, it will make it into our albulm section, but we don't get our own contineous threads lol Angels would be like 500 feet long lol

Ha ha you are so 'PUNNY lol Thanks for the congrats!

Ha Ha, now you are PUNNY too rofl

tanacat
03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
great , a clicking frog :rolleyes: now i won't hear
the end of it this weekend from Coinnut on how he has to have one now . lol lol he's so easily amused . :rolleyes: rofl rofl

rofl rofl rofl

will make it into our albulm section

Oh.... so there's a album section? How do get there

CTDirtFisher
03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice digs on the silver :-) Grats!

Beefcake
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow! Not just a silver but a quarter too! Congrats on the long awaited silver.. You must have been jumping for joy!

MT
03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Congratulations Tana...Beautiful silvers. :twirlingeyes:
MT

coinnut
03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh.... so there's a album section? How do get there

Oh Tana, where have you been? lol On our main title bar, about half way across, is the button marked Media Hit that. Then find the Admin button (Don't hit that one lol) and right below it is the albulm button. You can see everyone's good stuff in there. It's our vault of good finds. But I gotta warn you, it may leave you dizzy and craving to go out hunting in the middle of the night rofl Not for the faint hearted ;) Once you are in someone's albulm you can click on any picture to supersize it and click on it again to return it to normal size. You can also leave comments (Nice ones T :rolleyes:) for any picture.

z118
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice digs! You can't argue with a silver quarter, especially as your first! Congrats!

hoser
03-17-2010, 11:13 PM
The dance, I know you did the dance, good going on the 49 (year I was born also) You are going to have a great season.

SeabeeRon
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
WTG Tana!!! thumbsup01 Like your idea on having it mounted for your mom!!

tanacat
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM

Baba

I got the bezel and working on a handmade keychain- like the one's I used to make when I was following the Grateful Dead around 20 yrs ago rofl

I listen to some Frank Zappa too.... glad to finally meet you lol Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow... Dynamo hum, dynamo hum... lol

tanacat
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Oh Tana, where have you been? lol On our main title bar, about half way across, is the button marked Media Hit that. Then find the Admin button (Don't hit that one lol) and right below it is the albulm button. You can see everyone's good stuff in there. It's our vault of good finds. But I gotta warn you, it may leave you dizzy and craving to go out hunting in the middle of the night rofl Not for the faint hearted ;) Once you are in someone's albulm you can click on any picture to supersize it and click on it again to return it to normal size. You can also leave comments (Nice ones T :rolleyes:) for any picture.

Okay I found it... thanks! If it were a snake woulda bit me! :embarrassed: It's great to finally see some of everyone's collection. I checked out Dan's an Tim's so far. :yes:

Cheap Thrills
03-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I got the bezel and working on a handmade keychain- like the one's I used to make when I was following the Grateful Dead around 20 yrs ago rofl

I listen to some Frank Zappa too.... glad to finally meet you lol Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow... Dynamo hum, dynamo hum... lol

WOW , TANA , you're just full of surprises :shocked04: !! Good old Frank , may he rest in peace . Oh Suzy , Suzy Creamcheese.......... lol .

Anybody who would name their Kid Dweezyl or Moon Unit can't be all bad !! :grin:

I'm looking forward to seeing your Mom's Quarter in the Bezel and on the chain . So , your an Artisan
along with being a detectorist ? GROOOOOOVY !! thumbsup01

Baba (4 years older than your Mom and also a proud parent/Grandpa )

SeabeeRon
03-19-2010, 11:24 AM
...Oh Suzy , Suzy Creamcheese....

Ah, the memories! :twirlingeyes: 8)

Cheap Thrills
03-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Dang Ron !! Not you too !! :twirlingeyes: 8) rofl

tanacat
03-19-2010, 11:34 AM
WOW , TANA , you're just full of surprises :shocked04: !! Good old Frank , may he rest in peace . Oh Suzy , Suzy Creamcheese.......... lol .

Anybody who would name their Kid Dweezyl or Moon Unit can't be all bad !! :grin:

I'm looking forward to seeing your Mom's Quarter in the Bezel and on the chain . So , your an Artisan
along with being a detectorist ? GROOOOOOVY !! thumbsup01

Baba (4 years older than your Mom and also a proud parent/Grandpa )

:) I remember 'Zappa for Prez' stickers everywhere in 1984