PDA

View Full Version : Hunt with Forum member Milco

Fire Fighter 43
06-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I met up for the first time with forum member Darren aka Milco for a hunt at a spot he had had some success with in the past. He wanted to see if my Etrac could sniff out a few more silvers among the iron infested ground. I disapointed him by showing up with my new CTX as green as could be about it's operation, LOL. Well I found a few pieces of clad and a bunch of iron but got to know my new toy alittle better. I managed one nice find it is a presidential coin with JFK on it.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/6869daf2.jpg

After Darren left for work I decided to move closer to home and you all know what that means, my honey hole. I chose an area of the picnic grove that I had only covered once with the Etrac and worked it from a different angle. To my surprise the clad was popping. I soon had a trend occurring, almost all of the targets had a piece of iron in the hole. One of the early testers of the CTX nicknamed it the seperator and I started to realize why. With 20 minutes left to hunt I got a nice 12-41 at 3 inches. I pinpointed and it was showing a surface find for depth. I managed to find two zinclons and a clad dime at less than an inch. After retrieving the surface coins I swong the coil over the spot and now had a solid 12-45 at 4 inches after digging the plug I recovered my first CTX silver a 1916 Barber dime. If you want details about my thoughts on the CTX performance, I will be posting a report in the Minelab section.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/08c0747f.jpghttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/firegolf43/71609594.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
06-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd say that is a very respectable hunt with a new machine that you're unfamiliar with! The target separation of the CTX 3030 seems very promising!

Nice that you got to hunt with Milco and take that new machine for a test drive. I will be reading all of your reports with great interest, Jeff!

Congrats on the Barber Dime! :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Wow....looks like you have a winner there. :clapping:
JFK looks more like Rocky Marciano lol

del
06-02-2012, 06:56 PM
jeff thats a very encouraging first try out with the ctx , sweet barber and commemorative coin. |:cheering: |:cheering:

milco
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Glad to meet up with you Jeff and get in some hunting time! No dissappointment from my end! That Kennedy token is pretty cool. Congrats on the Barber from your other site! The CTX-3030 sure looks like an impressive machine, and I'm sure you will be making some great finds with it.

CODY
06-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Sweet, congrats.

Cheap Thrills
06-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow....looks like you have a winner there. :clapping:
JFK looks more like Rocky Marciano lol
Your right on both counts Drew ,the4 hairstyle is the only thing different . lol

Nice going with the new CTX Jeff . I.expect you will do very well with that machine . |:cheering:

jkress
06-03-2012, 10:36 PM
You did very well Jeff with the new machine. :clapping: Congrats.
Glad to hear you got out with Darren. I've been wanting to hunt with him for a while now.

Best of luck with your new toy. :smitten: Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you become familiar with it. :->

aloldstuff
06-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Jeff, not a bad hunt with a new machine. Congrats on the 1st silver and it looks like you will have a handle on the CTX 3030 in no time at all. Looking forward to reading your comments in the Minelab section.